Relief Customer Service Representative/Clerk EX21-386
Employment Opportunity Notice
The City of Greater Sudbury
Relief Customer Service Representative/Clerk
Reporting Location: 1805 Frobisher
Casual Part Time Position
Up to 48 Hours Bi-Weekly
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Solid Waste Support Services Section, Environmental Services Division, Growth and Infrastructure Services Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires a Relief Customer Service Representative/Clerk. The successful candidate must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $25.28 to $29.59 per hour.
Under the general supervision of the Manager of Solid Waste Support Services.
1. Review customer service requests and/or complaints, initiate action with CGS staff and/or contractors, ensure follow-up.
2. Input information in the ACR or related customer service system, circulate information records and distribute to appropriate Section.
3. Receive, categorize and prioritize telephone calls such as business calls, service requests, complaints and messages.
4. Provide promotional and/or informational material/forms regarding solid waste services and programs.
5. Receive weigh tickets and tipping fee revenue from Landfill Security Supervisor. Ensure cash/cheques received balance with weigh tickets. Prepare deposit slip and submit for posting.
6. Prepare weekly billing advice for tipping fee charges to Accounts Receivable.
7. Enter monthly statistics and update manuals as required.
8. Gather, scan and organize agreements and documentation.
9. Perform typing, filing, and miscellaneous clerical duties for the Division.
10. Assist staff during periods of vacation, overload or absence.
11. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
12. Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Over one (1) up to and including two and one-half (2½) years of related experience.
- Knowledge of solid waste systems and programs.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and By-laws.
- Demonstrate keyboarding (a minimum of 50 words per minute) and word processing skills.
- Demonstrate ability related to microcomputer software and administrative systems in a Windows environment (e.g. file maintenance, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, information input and retrieval, customer relationship management software, fleet management, Traffic Studio, Wasteworks, GIS software and other web-based application systems).
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal skills dealing with the public, staff, outside agencies, and Councillors in a courteous and effective manner.
- Ability to demonstrate organizational skills and attention to detailed work.
- Ability to function within a team environment.
- Ability to handle large-volume functions.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal and written skills an asset.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver’s licence, have an acceptable driving record, and personal insurance coverage.