Registered Nurse(s) (20) EX21-052
Employment Opportunity Notice
The City of Greater Sudbury
Registered Nurse(s) (20)
Reporting Location: 960 Notre Dame Avenue
Part Time Positions
Up to 48 Hours Bi-Weekly
Applications will be considered for both current and future vacancies and will be kept on file during this recruitment period.
The Resident Care Section, Long Term Care Services Division, Community Development Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires Registered Nurse(s). The successful candidates must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $33.23 to $47.58 per hour
Duties: Under the general direction of a Program Coordinator.
1. Provide supervision of staff and ensure that safe, effective and ethical nursing care is given to Residents.
2. Review, record and report any incidents or significant changes in Resident's condition.
3. Complete clinical records, work reports and ensure all documentation is done concisely, accurately and legibly.
4. Provide leadership in the updating of Resident Care Plans, perform resident assessments and promote the involvement of the Family in the plan of care.
5. Orientate new staff, assist with performance appraisals and forward concerns of non-compliance.
6. Maintain an up-to-date inventory and supply of drugs, equipment and medical supplies.
7. Maintain communication and collaborate with all members of the health care team, Residents and Families.
8. Participate on committees as required.
9. Ensure equipment functions safely and identify equipment needs for budgetary expenditures.
10. Continue self growth through professional development.
11. Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Resident Care Policies and Procedures Manual, the Corporate Manual and Emergency Manual.
12. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
13. Perform other related duties as required.
- Graduate of an approved post secondary nursing program.
- Current certificate of competency issued by the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Six (6) months of responsible nursing experience with some supervisory experience.
- Experience in a geriatric or long-term nursing care setting is an asset.
- Demonstrate organizational and administrative skills and ability to exercise judgement in procedures and methods used.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the different classifications of health care work both regulated and unregulated.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills in dealing with the public, staff and outside agencies in a courteous and effective manner.
- Demonstrate knowledge and nursing skills regulated to a long term care facility.
- Demonstrate knowledge of microcomputer software capabilities and computerized systems.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal and written skills an asset.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Provide, at own cost, a current Two-Step Mantoux Test (TB), Criminal Record Check, Valid CPR/ Health Care Provider (HCP) Level C Certificate, and N95 mask fit.
Note: A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants. Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.