Recreational Facilities Safety Co-ordinator and Outdoor Rink/Skate Path Co-ordinator EX19-675
Employment Opportunity Notice: EX19-675
Reporting Location: Kathleen Depot
80 Hours Bi-Weekly
(Shift Work Required)
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Parks Services Section, Leisure Services Division, Community Development Department, of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires a Recreational Facilities Safety Co-ordinator and Outdoor Rink/Skate Path Co-ordinator. The successful candidate must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current rate of pay for this position is $29.22 per hour.
Under the general supervision of a Superintendent of Parks.
- Conduct safety inspections at CGS’s recreational facilities and ensure that corrective measures are carried out regarding the maintenance and repair of “play area” structures, and facility buildings; report and repair all hazards. Maintain a current and up-to-date record of all inspections.
- Lead, guide, direct, schedule, and train all Part Time staff for the operation of the winter program and maintenance of the outdoor rinks and skate paths.
- Assist with the planning, administration, and maintenance of all Parks Services properties and facilities utilized for the winter programs.
- Purchase supplies and/or equipment in compliance with CGS’s policies and procedures, as directed.
- Directly oversee maintenance activities and inspect the work sites during the job progress and upon completion to ensure the work has been performed safely, efficiently, and satisfactorily.
- Report and follow-up on all incidents and occurrences involving accidents, property damage, and theft.
- Provide a good corporate image when interacting with the public, press or any other outside agency or organization.
- Perform the function of Parks Maintenanceperson, as required.
- Work evenings and weekends.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Current First Aid and C.P.R. Certification.
- Possess a Canadian Certified Playground Inspector Certificate.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related experience in playground and outdoor rink maintenance including a minimum of one (1) year of directing work crews.
- Experience in report writing considered an asset.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities and strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate ability in scheduling and co-ordinating work schedules.
- Demonstrate ability to work co-operatively, effectively and effectively alongside peers and superiors.
- Ability to maintain pleasant and effective relations with internal and external contacts under difficult circumstances.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal and written skills an asset.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Provide, at own cost, a Criminal Record Check.
- May require the use of a CGS vehicle on CGS business. Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver’s licence, and have an acceptable driving record.
Note: A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Friday, September 27, 2019 at 4:30 PM to: Citizen Service Centre, The City of Greater Sudbury, PO Box 5000, Station A, 200 Brady Street, Sudbury, Ontario, P3A 5P3, Facsimile number: 705-673-7219 or by e-mail to: email@example.com Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX19-675) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.