Program Instructor - Youth Sports (5) (Bilingual - English/French) (Recruitment Pool) EX19-516
Employment Opportunity Notice: EX19-516
Do you have experience working with groups of children between the ages of 11 and 13? Do you enjoy playing sports? Have you successfully completed Grade 10?
If you answered “Yes” to these questions, and would like to help deliver a children’s program that encourages safety and class participation, this job could be for you!
Program Instructor(s) – Youth Sports (5)
(Bilingual – English/French)
(Funded – Ontario Trillium Foundation)
Reporting Location: Donovan/Flour Mill or Hanmer or Chelmsford)
Contract Part Time Positions
Estimated Probable Duration: Until June 26, 2020
Up to 10 Hours Bi-Weekly
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Children’s Service Section, Children and Citizen Services Division, Community Development Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires five (5) Program Instructor(s) – Youth Sports (Bilingual – English/French). The successful candidates must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $15.99 to $18.71per hour.
To assist in the design of a program that encourages safety and class participation, and to deliver the program.
Under the general supervision of the Manger of Children’s Services and the day to day direction of the Co-ordinator of Community Initiatives and Quality Assurance.
- Assist to develop, implement and evaluate a program that encourages safety and class participation and to deliver the program.
- Perform proper techniques as to not cause injury or harm to any participant in the program.
- Provide support and leadership to all participants and instruct at the level for which he/she is qualified.
- Be attentive and alert to the regards of all participants in the program.
- Maintain a clean/safe activity space and ensure that equipment is maintained and properly set up.
- Responsible for being aware of the recreation facility policies and ensure the proper use of the facility by participants.
- Inform immediate Supervisor of any misconduct by a participant in the program.
- Maintain accurate attendance records and ensure Program Evaluation Forms are distributed to participants.
- Assist to ensure adherence to procedures and operational policies.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education and Training:
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade X) Education.
- Must hold current CPR and First Aid Certificate for designated positions.
- Up to six (6) months of related experience in the designated program area.
- Best practices within program of service area, including creative activities related to program.
- Demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills in dealing with the public in a courteous and effective manner.
- Demonstrate ability to deal with a variety of user groups.
- Demonstrate participation in continuing education courses and workshops.
- Demonstrate commitment to the philosophy and goals of CGS’s programs.
- Understand and meet the needs of customers.
- Work and act independently and use initiative when required.
- Mental and physical fitness to perform essential job functions.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal and written skills an asset.
- Provide at own cost, a Criminal Records Check, for designated positions.
Note: A Vulnerable Sector Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Vulnerable Sector Check with your application.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Thursday, December 19, 2019 at 4:30 PM to: Citizen Service Centre, The City of Greater Sudbury, PO Box 5000, Station A, 200 Brady Street, Sudbury, Ontario, P3A 5P3, Facsimile number: 705-673-7219 or by e-mail to: email@example.com Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX19-516) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.