Personal Support Worker - Weekends
Posting date: March 9, 2023
Position: Personal Support Worker
Number of Vacancies: Recruitment Pool
Posting number: EX23-258
Status: Part time positions
Range of Pay: $26.90 To $28.26 per hour
Hours of Work: Up to 30 hours bi-weekly
Shift Work Required: Yes (weekends only, day/afternoon/night). Some weekday shifts may be available for pick up.
Afternoon Shift Premium: $1.30 per hour
Night Shift Premium: $1.36 per hour
Sunday Shift Premium: $2.50 per hour
- 13.5% pay in lieu of benefits
- Eligible for OMERS Pension Plan
- Free parking
- Wellness initiatives
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Initial Reporting Location: 960 Notre Dame Ave.
Section: Resident Care
Division: Long Term Care Services
Department: Community Development
Pioneer Manor serves residents 18 years of age and older who have long-term health care needs and who are no longer able to manage in independent living situations. As the largest facility of its kind in North Eastern Ontario, Pioneer Manor is home to 433 residents who are provided with 24 hours of supervision.
Working at Pioneer Manor, you will help provide residents with a safe, clean, healthy environment where they can receive the care they need, have access to proper nutrition and experience the social benefits of being around their peers. Long term care allows you to focus on your patients’ overall well-being and form a connection with them. If you’re looking for a workplace where getting to know your patients is a high value, long term care is the right place for you.
Duties: Under the general supervision of the Resident Care Co-ordinator and the day to day direction of a Registered Nurse.
- Provide complete Resident health care as directed and outlined in home procedures (e.g. hygiene, shaving, bathing, grooming, palliative care, etc.).
- Position and ambulate Residents as required to promote comfort and health and in accordance with the Resident Care Plan.
- Ensure Resident safety consistent with policies and procedures.
- Serve food trays, verify special diets and feed Residents as required.
- Assist Residents with activities to promote self-reliance and self-esteem for rehabilitation purposes.
- Utilize the nursing process to observe and communicate information regarding the physical and emotional well-being of the Resident to the health team (e.g. activities, fluid intake/output, appetite, etc.).
- Assist Registered Nurse/Registered Practical Nurse with updating Resident Care Plans.
- Document pertinent information legibly, accurately and concisely on flow sheets and as required.
- Ensure mechanical equipment and supplies used for Resident care are properly maintained and used in a safe and effective manner.
- Clean and organize utility rooms and cupboards as required.
- Maintain communication and collaborate with all members of the health care team, Residents and Families.
- Participate on committees as required.
- Continue self growth through professional development.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of Home’s Nursing Policies and Procedures Manual and the Corporate Manual.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Graduation from an approved Personal Support Worker Program or successful completion of a minimum of one (1) year of Post Secondary Education and enrolment in a Bachelor of Science in Nursing or Diploma Nursing Program, in accordance with applicable legislation.
- Training in U-First, Montessori or PointClickCare is an asset.
- Training in Gentle Persuasive Approaches (GPA) is an asset.
- Up to six (6) months of directly related work experience.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills in dealing with the public, staff and outside agencies in a courteous and effective manner.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal and written skills an asset.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Provide, at own cost, a Criminal Record Check.
- Provide, at own cost, a Two-Step Mantoux Test (TB).
- Provide, at own cost, N95 Mask Fitting size.
Note: A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
How to Apply:
Résumés quoting EX23-258 are invited and will be received by the City of Greater Sudbury’s Human Resources and Organizational Development Division, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 705-688-3979, for the above noted position until 4:30 p.m. on Friday, April 14, 2023. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
All Pioneer Manor employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the Minister's Directive: Long-term care home COVID-19 immunization policy. Please do not submit your proof of vaccination with your resume. This information will only be required if you are selected as the candidate of choice.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process you must advise the Hiring Manager.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining an equitable, inclusive, diverse and accessible work environment. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. To find out if you’re eligible and for more information, visit our Applicants Living Outside of Canada web page. If you received your education from an educational institution outside of Canada, a copy of your Word Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (ICAS) document is required, along with your credentials. Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.