Parks Equipment Operator (6) EX21-918
Employment Opportunity Notice
The City of Greater Sudbury
Parks Equipment Operator (6)
Reporting Location: Kathleen Depot
Seasonal Part Time Positions
Estimated Probable Duration: Until March 31, 2022
Up to 48 Hours Bi-Weekly
(Shift Work Required)
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Parks Services Section, Leisure Services Division, Community Development Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires six (6) Parks Equipment Operator(s). The successful candidates must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current rate of pay for this position is $27.31 per hour.
Under the general supervision of the Superintendent of Horticulture:
- Operate Riding Mower with 10 foot deck or greater, or similar type of equipment in the maintenance of turf and grounds within the Parks Services sites.
- Operate farm tractor/municipal tractor with attachments in the maintenance of turf and grounds within the Parks Services sites.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Six (6) months of directly related experience.
- Proven ability to operate a Riding Mower with a 10 foot or greater, or similar type equipment.
- Proven ability to operate a farm tractor/municipal tractor with attachments.
- Must have some mechanical knowledge to avoid damage to the equipment.
- Ability to read and follow manufacturer’s routine maintenance instructions.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Provide, at own cost, a Criminal Record Check.
- Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver’s license, and have an acceptable driving record.
Note: A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
All City of Greater Sudbury employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City's mandatory Vaccination Policy. Please do not submit your proof of vaccination with your resume. This information will only be required if you are selected as the candidate of choice.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Wednesday, December 1, 2021 at 4:30 PM by: e-mail to: email@example.com or facsimile number: 705-688-3979. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number EX21-918 on your resume. For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process you must advise the Hiring Manager.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants. Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.