Parks Attendant - EX22-395 Revised
Posting date: April 5, 2022
Job Title: Parks Attendant
Number of Vacancies: 10
Posting number: EX22-395 (*Revised Posting – Extended Closing Date)
Status: Seasonal Part Time Positions
Estimated Probable Duration: Until October 28, 2022
Hours of Work: Up to 48 hours bi-weekly
Shift Work Required: Yes (includes Evenings and Weekends)
Rate of Pay: $16.01 per hour (Rate in effect April 1, 2022)
Start date: To follow selection process
Initial Reporting Location: Kathleen (Various locations)
Section: Parks Services
Division: Leisure Services
Department: Community Development
Duties: Under the supervision of the Superintendent of Parks
1. Perform various functional duties to ensure the cleanliness and safety of Park Services facilities and equipment, which includes but is not limited to sweeping, cleaning, mopping and grass cutting.
2. Collect all accumulated garbage.
3. Perform the function of janitor.
4. Assist with the co-ordination of set-ups of special events and functions.
5. Receive revenue and issue receipts as required.
6. Provide general information and monitor phone calls as required.
7. Report conditions of Parks and Facilities to Supervisor when damage or vandalism is observed.
8. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
9. Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Current First Aid, C.P.R. certification an asset.
- Related cleaning experience or grounds maintenance experience considered an asset.
- Ability to work without direct supervision on many occasions.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Provide at own cost, a Criminal Record Check.
- May require the use of a CGS vehicle on CGS business. Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver’s licence and have an acceptable driving record.
Note: A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
How to Apply:
Résumés quoting EX22-395 *Revised are invited and will be received by the City of Greater Sudbury’s Human Resources and Organizational Development Division, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 705-688-3979, for the above noted position until 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, June 29, 2022. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
All City of Greater Sudbury employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City's mandatory Vaccination Policy. Please do not submit your proof of vaccination with your resume. This information will only be required if you are selected as the candidate of choice.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process you must advise the Hiring Manager.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and are happy to hire qualified (including education credential) applicants from anywhere. In order to hire a candidate one must be legally entitled to work in Canada, with legally entitled being defined as having all of the necessary paperwork processed, approved and responded to, by way of a work permit being issued and received. Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.