Outdoor Rink Staff (80) (Recruitment Pool) EX20-543
Employment Opportunity Notice: EX20-543
Reporting Location: Various Outdoor Rinks or Ramsey Lake Skate Path
Contract Part Time Positions
Estimated Probable Duration: Until March 31, 2021
Up to 48 Hours Bi-Weekly
(Shift Work Required)
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
Applications will be considered for both current and future vacancies for the 2020/2021 winter season.
The Parks Services Section, Leisure Services Division, Community Development Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires Outdoor Rink Staff. The successful candidates must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current rate of pay for this position is $14.70 per hour.
To assist in the maintenance of a rink and delivery of outdoor rink programs.
Under the general supervision of the manager of parks or designate and the direct supervision of the supervisor of outdoor rinks and skate paths.
- Ensure the rink and facility are prepared and maintained for the delivery of outdoor rink programs.
- Ensure that all participants/users comply with the rules and regulations of the facility.
- Assist program staff and volunteers in the efficient delivery of services as required.
- Assist in the maintenance of records related to accidents or incidents and tracking of participants and volunteer hours.
- Assist to maintain and protect the Section’s materials and equipment on site.
- Advise Supervisor of any problems arising from the maintenance or use of the facility.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education and Training:
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade X) Education.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certificate an asset.
- Up to six (6) months of related experience.
- Best practices within program or service area.
- Creative and recreational activities related to rink operation.
- Safety Procedures.
- Operate snow clearing equipment including a snowblower safely.
- Demonstrate ability to deal with a variety of user groups.
- Deal with the public and other staff in a courteous and effective manner.
- Work and act independently and use initiative when required.
- Work evenings and weekends if applicable.
- Mental and physical fitness to perform essential job functions.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal skills highly desirable; written skills an asset.
- Provide, at own cost, a Criminal Records Check.
Note: A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 4:30 PM by: e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or facsimile number: 705-688-3979. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX20-543) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.