Operator "A" (Water) (2) EX22-913
Posting date: July 28, 2022
Job Title: Operator “A” (Water)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Posting number: EX22-913
Status: Casual Part Time Positions
Should there be no fully qualified candidates for these positions, less qualified candidates who can be expected to meet the required qualifications within a reasonable period may be considered for these positions as a training/development opportunity.
Hours of Work: Up to 48 hours bi-weekly
Shift Work Required: Yes
Range of Pay: $30.88 to $34.92 per hour
(Training Opportunity range of pay is $29.34 to $33.17 per hour. The successful candidates will be paid at the reduced range until the minimum qualifications have been met.)
Start date: To follow selection process
Initial Reporting Location: Wanapitei Water Treatment Plant
Section: Water Treatment
Division: Water/Wastewater Treatment and Compliance
Department: Growth and Infrastructure
Duties: Under the supervision of a Water Supervisor or the Quality Compliance Officer.
1. Act as Operator-In-Charge and assume responsibility for the operation and maintenance of CGS’s water facilities and infrastructure.
2. Perform regular inspections of various facilities and perform the duties required to ensure effective functioning of the facilities.
3. Make operational adjustments and minor repairs, as required.
4. Monitor facility and equipment performance. Advise supervisor of problems to initiate corrective action.
5. Collect samples, perform laboratory tests, take readings and maintain records, operational logs and reports.
6. Perform minor maintenance on buildings and equipment including cleaning, polishing, repainting and repairing.
7. Maintain grounds by watering, mowing or fertilizing lawns, shrubs or other related items.
8. Assist in maintaining and repairing equipment, machinery and other facilities.
9. Will be required to answer telephone and radio calls, relaying and providing required information as directed, involving the operations of various facilities and related CGS functions.
10. Will be required to work on a seven (7) day/twenty four (24) hour shift schedule, if directed.
11. Assist in the training of facility Employees, as directed.
12. Conduct Plant tours for general public, as directed.
13. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
14. Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Successful completion of a relevant two year post-secondary diploma from a recognized college considered an asset.
- Applicants must possess valid Water Treatment Level I and Water Distribution Level I Certificates from the Ontario Operator Certification Program. Successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain certification in good standing.
- Minimum of one (1) year of operating experience in a water treatment facility.
- Must be able to complete operational logs and checklists, and CMMS work orders
- Ability to perform confined space duties, including entry, mandatory
- Ability to use related software programs such as CMMS, MS Office, SCADA
- Must be physically capable of lifting and carrying 20 kgs.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Provide, at own, a current Criminal Record Check.
- May require the use of a CGS vehicle on CGS business. Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver's licence, and have an acceptable driving record.
Note: A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
How to Apply:
Résumés quoting EX22-913 are invited and will be received by the City of Greater Sudbury’s Human Resources and Organizational Development Division, by e-mail at email@example.com or fax at 705-688-3979, for the above noted position until 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, August 23, 2022. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
All City of Greater Sudbury employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City's mandatory Vaccination Policy. Please do not submit your proof of vaccination with your resume. This information will only be required if you are selected as the candidate of choice.
*Interested applicants who have questions regarding certification are encouraged to visit the OWWCO website at www.owwco.ca
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process you must advise the Hiring Manager.
The City of Greater Sudbury has launched a survey to understand what prospective employees are looking for from an employer. Please take a few minutes to provide us with your input. Your responses will be anonymous. Thank you in advance for your participation in the survey!
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and are happy to hire qualified (including education credential) applicants from anywhere. In order to hire a candidate one must be legally entitled to work in Canada, with legally entitled being defined as having all of the necessary paperwork processed, approved and responded to, by way of a work permit being issued and received. Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.