Operator "A" (Wastewater) (2) EX21-414
Employment Opportunity & Training Opportunity Notice
The City of Greater Sudbury
Operator “A” (Wastewater) (2)
Should there be no fully qualified candidates for these positions,
less qualified candidates who can be expected to meet the required
qualifications within a reasonable period may be considered
for these positions as a training/development opportunity.
Reporting Location: Sudbury Wastewater Treatment Plant
Casual Part Time Positions
Up to 48 Hours Bi-Weekly
(Shift Work may be Required)
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Wastewater Treatment Section, Water/Wastewater Treatment and Compliance Division, Growth and Infrastructure Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires two (2) Operator “A” (Wastewater). The successful candidates must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $30.42 to $34.40 per hour (Training Opportunity range of pay is $28.90 to $32.68 per hour. The successful candidate will be paid at the reduced range until the minimum qualifications have been met).
Duties: Under the supervision of a Wastewater Supervisor.
1. Act as Operator-In-Charge and assume responsibility for the operation and maintenance of CGS’s wastewater facilities and infrastructure.
2. Perform regular inspections of various facilities and perform the duties required to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the facility.
3. Make operational adjustments and minor repairs to maintain operating effectiveness of the facility.
4. Monitor and document facility and equipment performance, advise supervisor of problems to initiate corrective action.
5. Collect samples, perform laboratory tests; take readings and maintain records, operational logs and reports.
6. Assist in maintaining and repairing equipment, machinery and facilities. Perform minor maintenance on buildings, grounds and equipment including draining and cleaning facility components and structures.
7. Maintain grounds by watering, mowing or fertilizing lawns, shrubs or other related items.
8. Will be required to work on a seven (7) day / twenty four (24) hour shift schedule, if directed.
9. Assist in training of facility Employees, as directed.
10. Conduct Plant tours for general public, as directed.
11. Assist tradespersons and maintenance staff as required.
12. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
13. Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Successful completion of a relevant two year post-secondary diploma from a recognized college considered an asset.
- Applicants must possess valid Wastewater Treatment and Wastewater Collection Level 1 Certificates from the Ontario Operator Certification Program. Successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain certification in good standing.
- Minimum of one (1) year of operating experience in a wastewater facility.
- Must be able to complete operational logs and checklists, and CMMS work orders.
- Must be physically capable of lifting and carrying 20 kgs.
- Ability to perform confined space duties, including entry, mandatory.
- Ability to use related software programs such as CSSM, MS Office, SCADA.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Provide, at own cost, a current Criminal Record Check.
- May require the use of a CGS vehicle on CGS business. Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver's licence, and have an acceptable driving record.
Note: A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
Interested applicants who have questions regarding certification are encouraged to visit the OWWCO website at www.owwco.ca