Nutritional Aide(s) EX22-260
Posting date: March 3, 2022
Job Title: Nutritional Aide
Number of Vacancies: 20
Posting number: EX22-260
Status: Part Time positions
Hours of Work: Up to 48 hours bi-weekly
Shift Work Required: Yes (Days/Afternoons)
Range of Pay: $26.18 to $26.99 per hour (Range in effect April 1, 2022)
Initial Reporting Location: 960 Notre Dame Avenue
Section: Food Services
Division: Long Term Care Services (Pioneer Manor)
Department: Community Development
Applications will be considered for both current and future vacancies and will be kept on file during this recruitment period.
Pioneer Manor serves residents 18 years of age and older who have long-term health care needs and who are no longer able to manage in independent living situations. As the largest facility of its kind in North Eastern Ontario, Pioneer Manor is home to 433 residents who are provided with 24 hours of supervision.
Working at Pioneer Manor, you will help provide residents with a safe, clean, healthy environment where they can receive the care they need, have access to proper nutrition and experience the social benefits of being around their peers. Long term care allows you to focus on your patients’ overall well-being and form a connection with them. If you’re looking for a workplace where getting to know your patients is a high value, long term care is the right place for you.
Duties: Under the direct supervision of the Food Services Supervisor.
1. Obtain, organize, prepare, portion and distribute meals and snacks to residents in a manner that encourages consumption and enjoyment ensuring food safety is maintained, according to menus and service guidelines. Maintain current knowledge of individual resident care plans regarding nutrition.
2. Clean and wash floors and perform other cleaning duties in designated areas to ensure a healthy environment.
3. Prepare soiled dishes for washing, operate dishwasher and store clean dishes.
4. Thoroughly clean and sanitize work areas and materials and keep in an orderly condition. Ensure resident safety is maintained through appropriate security of servery and chemicals.
5. Receive, unpack, check, store and rotate supplies safely in appropriate storage area.
6 Dispose of garbage and recycled materials in designated resident area.
7. Maintain, organize, and clean equipment, refrigeration and storage units.
8. Provide pleasant and courteous service to residents, their families, visitors and staff.
9. Respond to resident/family concerns in a courteous and constructive way encouraging positive customer service. Direct unresolved resident/family concerns to appropriate supervisor, Registered Nurse/Registered Practical Nurse or Charge Nurse.
10. Participate in meetings and attend training sessions as a member of the resident care team.
11. Perform Quality Assurance and Safety Audits as required. Report deficiencies to appropriate supervisor.
12. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of the Pioneer Manor Health and Safety Manual/Disaster Plan and CGS’s Safety Manual, their associated procedures and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
13. Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Successful completion of courses related to geriatrics and/or long-term care populations considered an asset.
- Valid Food Handler Training Program Certificate.
- Successful completion of a Food Preparation/Nutrition Course (one (1) year) at a recognized Community College considered an asset.
- Has completed or is enrolled in a recognized Food Service Worker Program.
- For Lodge Home Area: Training in Gentle Persuasive Approaches (GPA) is required.
- Over six (6) up to and including twelve (12) months of approved related work experience in a food service, geriatric and/or long-term care setting.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal skills highly desirable; written skills an asset.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Provide, at own cost, a Criminal Record Check.
- Provide, at own cost, a Two-step Mantoux Test (TB).
Note: A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
How to Apply:
Résumés quoting EX22-260 are invited and will be received by the City of Greater Sudbury’s Human Resources and Organizational Development Division, by e-mail at email@example.com or fax at 705-688-3979, for the above noted position until 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, December 14, 2022. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered.
All Pioneer Manor employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the Minister's Directive: Long-term care home COVID-19 immunization policy. Please do not submit your proof of vaccination with your resume. This information will only be required if you are selected as the candidate of choice.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process you must advise the Hiring Manager.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and are happy to hire qualified (including education credential) applicants from anywhere. In order to hire a candidate one must be legally entitled to work in Canada, with legally entitled being defined as having all of the necessary paperwork processed, approved and responded to, by way of a work permit being issued and received. Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.