Nutritional Aide(s) EX21-032
Employment Opportunity Notice: EX21-032
Reporting Location: 960 Notre Dame Avenue
Part Time Positions
Up to 48 Hours Bi-Weekly
Applications will be considered for both current and future vacancies and
will be kept on file during this recruitment period.
The Food Services Section, Long Term Care Services Division, Community Development Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires Nutritional Aide(s). The successful candidates must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $24.54 to $25.30 per hour
Under the direct supervision of the Food Services Supervisor.
- Obtain, organize, prepare, portion and distribute meals and snacks to residents in a manner that encourages consumption and enjoyment ensuring food safety is maintained, according to menus and service guidelines. Maintain current knowledge of individual resident care plans regarding nutrition.
- Clean and wash floors and perform other cleaning duties in designated areas to ensure a healthy environment.
- Prepare soiled dishes for washing, operate dishwasher and store clean dishes.
- Thoroughly clean and sanitize work areas and materials and keep in an orderly condition. Ensure resident safety is maintained through appropriate security of servery and chemicals.
- Receive, unpack, check, store and rotate supplies safely in appropriate storage area.
- Dispose of garbage and recycled materials in designated resident area.
- Maintain, organize, and clean equipment, refrigeration and storage units.
- Provide pleasant and courteous service to residents, their families, visitors and staff.
- Respond to resident/family concerns in a courteous and constructive way encouraging positive customer service. Direct unresolved resident/family concerns to appropriate supervisor, Registered Nurse/Registered Practical Nurse or Charge Nurse.
- Participate in meetings and attend training sessions as a member of the resident care team.
- Perform Quality Assurance and Safety Audits as required. Report deficiencies to appropriate supervisor.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of the Pioneer Manor Health and Safety Manual/Disaster Plan and CGS’s Safety Manual, their associated procedures and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Successful completion of courses related to geriatrics and/or long-term care populations considered an asset.
- Valid Food Handler Training Program Certificate.
- Successful completion of a Food Preparation/Nutrition Course (one (1) year) at a recognized Community College considered an asset.
- Has completed or is enrolled in a recognized Food Service Worker Program.
- For Lodge Home Area: Training in Gentle Persuasive Approaches (GPA) is required.
- Over six (6) up to and including twelve (12) months of approved related work experience in a food service, geriatric and/or long-term care setting.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal skills highly desirable; written skills an asset.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Provide, at own cost, a Criminal Record Check.
- Provide, at own cost, a Two-step Mantoux Test (TB).
Note: A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Thursday, December 16, 2021 at 4:30 PM by: e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or facsimile number: 705-688-3979. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX21-032) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.