Lift Attendant/Utilityperson Helper (4) EX21-841 Revised
Employment Opportunity Notice
*Extended Closing Date
The City of Greater Sudbury
Lift Attendant/Utilityperson Helper (4)
Reporting Location: Adanac/Lively Ski Hill
Estimated Probable Duration: Until March 31, 2022
80 Hours Bi-Weekly
(Shift Work Required)
The Parks Services Section, Leisure Services Division, Community Development Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires four (4) Lift Attendant/Utilityperson Helper(s). The successful candidates must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current rate of pay for this position is $16.69 per hour.
Under the general supervision of the Manager of Parks Services and/or designate.
1. Help to inspect and ensure maintenance of the Ski Hill and all equipment at the Ski Hill, including groomer and snowmaking equipment as part of regularly scheduled maintenance program.
2. Project a good corporate image when interacting with the public, press or any other outside agency or organization.
3. Ensure conformance to CGS By-Laws and policies and procedures that govern the Ski Hill and its Employees.
4. Responsible for the cleanliness, safety and security of the Ski Hill.
5. Work as lift attendant and perform cleaning, painting and shovelling as required.
6. Report and help to repair all hazards.
7. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
8. Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Current First Aid and C.P.R. certification an asset.
- Minimum of one (1) year related experience at a ski hill.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities and strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work co-operatively, efficiently and effectively alongside peers and superiors.
- Ability to maintain pleasant and effective relations with internal and external contacts under difficult circumstances.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal and written skills an asset.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Provide, at own cost, a Criminal Record Check.
- Physical capability to operate a vehicle safety, possession of a valid driver’s licence and an acceptable driving record, will be considered an asset.
Note: A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
All City of Greater Sudbury employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City's mandatory Vaccination Policy. Please do not submit your proof of vaccination with your resume. This information will only be required if you are selected as the candidate of choice.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 4:30 PM by: e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or facsimile number: 705-688-3979. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX21-841 *Revised) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.