Life Enrichment Worker (10) EX22-134
Posting date: January 31, 2022
Job Title: Life Enrichment Worker
Number of Vacancies: (10) – Recruitment Pool
Applications will be considered for both current and future vacancies and will be kept on file during this recruitment period.
Posting number: EX22-134
Status: Part Time Positions
Hours of Work: Up to 48 hours bi-weekly
Shift Work Required: Yes (Days/Afternoon)
Range of Pay: $26.50 to $27.84 per hour (Effective April 1, 2022 – Range of Pay: $26.90 to $28.26 per hour)
Start date: To follow selection process
Initial Reporting Location: 960 Notre Dame Avenue (Pioneer Manor)
Section: Therapeutic Services
Division: Long Term Care Services
Department: Community Development
Duties: Under the general supervision of the Manager of Therapeutic Services and day-to-day direction of the Coordinator of Recreation Programs in collaboration with Resident and Family/Significant other.
1. Develop and implement an appropriate activity program based on assessed interest and capabilities, and input in the Resident Care Plan (RCP).
2. Promote interest and participation in activities that enhance or stimulate all spheres of Personhood including physical, intellectual, emotional, social and spiritual realms.
3. Deliver activity programs effectively in both small and large group settings as well as one on one settings.
4. Review and evaluate the resident activity programs and update RCP at least quarterly as per Minimum Data Set - Resident Assessment Instrument (MDS-RAI) schedule.
5. Plan and organize activities indoors, outdoors and in the community.
6. Plan for and request monthly supplies and equipment as needed for program delivery.
7. Assist with the feeding of residents as required.
8. Plan and prepare monthly Activity Calendar.
9. Escort / porter residents to and from activities.
10. Assist and support residents to participate in activities that may be of interest to them if they are not able to do so independently, adapting the activities if necessary to maximize residents’ capabilities.
11. Direct and assist volunteers/students in delivering programs.
12. Record resident attendances at all programs in Activity Pro and document any relevant observations.
13. Perform individual and/or group restorative care and therapeutic recreational programs as directed by and under the supervision of certified therapists.
14. Communicate with the interdisciplinary team regarding resident status changes, needs and outcomes to programs.
15 Participate in resident and interdisciplinary conferences as required.
16. Participate in departmental staff meetings and Home meetings as required.
17. Assist in all setups in program areas as required.
18. Assist with fundraising activities and organization of volunteer activities as directed.
19. Attend mandatory educational in-services.
20. Maintain the workspace in a safe and tidy condition.
21. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
22. Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary diploma in recreation and leisure studies, therapeutic recreation, kinesiology, Occupational Therapy Assistant/Physiotherapy Assistant, or other related field from a community college.
- Training in Gentle Persuasive Approaches (GPA), UFirst! or Food Handler’s Course an asset.
- Up to six (6) months of approved related work experience in organizing and promotion of leisure and restorative activities in a long term care facility.
- Demonstrate leadership skills in organizing and motivating seniors.
- Demonstrate experience working with volunteers and students.
- Experience with Activity Pro an asset.
- Experience with MDS-RAI an asset.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal and written skills an asset.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Provide, at own cost, a current Vulnerable Sector Check
- Provide, at own cost, a Two-Step Mantoux Test (TB).
- Provide, at own cost, N95 Mask Fitting size.
Note: A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
How to Apply:
Résumés quoting EX22-134 are invited and will be received by the City of Greater Sudbury’s Human Resources and Organizational Development Division, by e-mail at email@example.com or fax at 705-688-3979, for the above noted position until 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, December 14, 2022. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered.
All Pioneer Manor employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the Minister's Directive: Long-term care home COVID-19 immunization policy. Please do not submit your proof of vaccination with your resume. This information will only be required if you are selected as the candidate of choice.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process you must advise the Hiring Manager.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and are happy to hire qualified (including education credential) applicants from anywhere. In order to hire a candidate one must be legally entitled to work in Canada, with legally entitled being defined as having all of the necessary paperwork processed, approved and responded to, by way of a work permit being issued and received. Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.