Lead, Services and Programs (Youth Programs Lead) (10) EX21-924
Employment Opportunity Notice
The City of Greater Sudbury
Lead, Services and Programs
(Youth Programs Lead) (10)
Reporting Location: Various
Contract Part Time Positions
Estimated Probable Duration: Until June 24, 2022
Up to 48 Hours Bi-Weekly
(Evening and Weekend Work Required)
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
This position aims to develop and deliver engaging quality programming for youth aged 10-18. Emphasis is placed on recreational activities, including physical literacy.
We offer drop-in programs, registered programs, community engagement opportunities, and pop-up activities.
The Youth Centre Lead position reports to a Recreation Coordinator in Leisure Services but will work in various locations across the City of Greater Sudbury. This is a part-time contract position until June 2022 and does not exceed 24 hours per week, with most programming held between 3 PM – 8 PM on weekdays and various hours on weekends.
If you are someone who is outgoing and believes in making meaningful connections with youth, we encourage you to apply for this position.
The Recreation Services Section, Leisure Services Division, Community Development Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires ten (10) Leads, Services and Programs (Youth Centre Leads). The successful candidates must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $16.80 to $19.66 per hour.
To assist in the delivery and efficient operation of the designated program or services.
Under the general supervision of the Co-ordinator of Events and Administration or the Recreation Co-ordinator or the Community Development Co-ordinator:
- Oversee the operation and staff of an assigned program or service area, including assisting in the supervision of the activities and behaviour of the public to ensure that all participants abide by the rules and regulations of the program or services.
- Provide support and leadership to all program staff at all sites of the program or service.
- Assist in the administrative details of the program organization to ensure effective program management and customer service.
- Assist service or program staff in the efficient delivery of services as required.
- Assist in staff recruitment, scheduling, training and evaluation of service or program staff as directed.
- Maintain and protect the Section’s materials and equipment on site. Ensure the proper cleaning of the assigned service or program area.
- Prepare reports and maintain ongoing program records, as required.
- Assist in ensuring staff adherence to job procedures and operational policies, including the proper cash handling procedures as required.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education and Training:
Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade X) Education.
Must hold current CPR and First Aid Certificate for designated programs/services.
One (1) year up to and including (2) years of related experience.
Best practices within program or service area.
For Leisure Programs - Creative and recreational activities related to program or service.
Demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
Demonstrate ability to deal with a variety of user groups.
Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communications skills when dealing with the general public and staff.
Motivate and supervise Staff.
Understand and meet the needs of customers.
Deal with the public in a courteous and effective manner.
Work and act independently and use initiative when required.
Work evenings and weekends if applicable.
Mental and physical fitness to perform essential job functions.
Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
French verbal skills an asset.
Physical capability to operate a vehicle safely, possession of a valid driver’s licence and an acceptable driving record will be considered an asset.
Provide, at own cost, a Vulnerable Sector Check for designated positions.
Note: A Vulnerable Sector Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Vulnerable Sector Check with your application.
All City of Greater Sudbury employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City's mandatory Vaccination Policy. Please do not submit your proof of vaccination with your resume. This information will only be required if you are selected as the candidate of choice.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Friday, April 1, 2022 at 4:30 PM by: e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or facsimile number: 705-688-3979. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number EX21-924 on your resume. For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process you must advise the Hiring Manager.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants. Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.