Junior Arena Maintenanceperson (Recruitment Pool) EX21-112
Employment Opportunity Notice
The City of Greater Sudbury
Junior Arena Maintenanceperson
Reporting Location: Various Arenas
Part Time Positions
Up to 48 Hours Bi-Weekly
(Shift Work Required)
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Arenas Section, Leisure Services Division, Community Development Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires Junior Arena Maintenanceperson(s) (Recruitment Pool). The successful candidates must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $15.68 to $16.96 per hour (range in effect as of April 1, 2021).
Responsible for ensuring the building is clean and useable for the citizens of the City of Greater Sudbury (CGS).
Under the general supervision of the Assistant Manager of Arenas and the day-to-day direction of the Arena Maintenanceperson Lead Hand.
1. Assist the full time maintenance staff with the maintenance, minor construction, grounds keeping, ice surface at the assigned Arena facility.
2. Responsible to take out the garbage from all areas of the Arena facility on a timely basis.
3. Responsible to clean designated areas after every usage.
4. Paint designated areas of the building.
5. Assist in the preparation of the Arena facility for special events.
6. Move the goal nets with the pins before and after the ice resurfacer.
7. Clean hallways, lobbies and washrooms.
8. Change the message on the marquee and sign boards.
9. As directed, ensure the safety of patrons during public skating and enforce rules as per CGS policy reporting incidents to the appropriate staff on duty.
10. Notify management of any abnormalities.
11. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
12. Perform other related duties as required.
Education and Training:
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade X) Education.
- Building maintenance experience an asset.
- Janitorial, carpentry, plumbing or electrical experience an asset.
- Cleaning products, tools and equipment.
- Best practices within areas of responsibility.
- Work well under pressure.
- Demonstrate attention to detail.
- Work independently.
- Mental and physical fitness to perform essential job functions.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal skills highly desirable; written skills an asset.
- May require the use of a personal or CGS vehicle on CGS business. Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver’s licence, have an acceptable driving record, and personal insurance coverage.
- Provide, at own cost, a Criminal Record Check.
Note: A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.