Junior Arena Maintenanceperson EX22-029 Revised
Posting date: July 4, 2022
Job Title: Junior Arena Maintenanceperson
Number of Vacancies: 20
Posting number: EX22-029 **Revised (Revised Range of Pay)
Status: Part time positions
Hours of Work: Up to 48 hours bi-weekly
Shift Work Required: Yes
Range of Pay: $16.98 to $17.21 per hour
Start date: To follow selection process
Initial Reporting Location: Various Arenas
Division: Leisure Services
Department: Community Development
Main Function: Responsible for ensuring the building is clean and useable for the citizens of the City of Greater Sudbury (CGS).
Duties: Under the general supervision of the Assistant Manager of Arenas and the day-to-day direction of the Arena Maintenanceperson Lead Hand.
1. Assist the full time maintenance staff with the maintenance, minor construction, grounds keeping, ice surface at the assigned Arena facility.
2. Responsible to take out the garbage from all areas of the Arena facility on a timely basis.
3. Responsible to clean designated areas after every usage.
4. Paint designated areas of the building.
5. Assist in the preparation of the Arena facility for special events.
6. Move the goal nets with the pins before and after the ice resurfacer.
7. Clean hallways, lobbies and washrooms.
8. Change the message on the marquee and sign boards.
9. As directed, ensure the safety of patrons during public skating and enforce rules as per CGS policy reporting incidents to the appropriate staff on duty.
10. Notify management of any abnormalities.
11. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
12. Perform other related duties as required.
Education and Training:
Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade X) Education.
Building maintenance experience an asset.
Janitorial, carpentry, plumbing or electrical experience an asset.
Cleaning products, tools and equipment.
Best practices within areas of responsibility.
Work well under pressure.
Demonstrate attention to detail.
Mental and physical fitness to perform essential job functions.
Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
French verbal skills highly desirable; written skills an asset.
May require the use of a personal or CGS vehicle on CGS business. Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver’s licence, have an acceptable driving record, and personal insurance coverage.
Provide, at own cost, a Criminal Record Check.
Note: A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
How to Apply:
Résumés quoting EX22-029 **Revised are invited and will be received by the City of Greater Sudbury’s Human Resources and Organizational Development Division, by e-mail at email@example.com or fax at 705-688-3979, for the above noted position until 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, December 15, 2022. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
All City of Greater Sudbury employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City's mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination and Vaccination Verification Policy. Please do not submit your proof of vaccination with your resume. This information will only be required if you are selected as the candidate of choice.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process you must advise the Hiring Manager. The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and are happy to hire qualified (including education credential) applicants from anywhere. In order to hire a candidate one must be legally entitled to work in Canada, with legally entitled being defined as having all of the necessary paperwork processed, approved and responded to, by way of a work permit being issued and received. Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.