Housekeeping Worker(s) EX20-348
Employment Opportunity Notice: EX20-348
Reporting Location: 960 Notre Dame Avenue
Part Time Positions
Up to 48 Hours Bi-Weekly
(Shift Work Required – Days/Afternoons)
Applications will be considered for both current and future vacancies and will be kept on file during this recruitment period.
The Physical Services Section, Long Term Care Services Division, Community Development Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires Housekeeping Worker(s). The successful candidates must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current of pay for this position is $24.12 to $24.62 per hour.
Under the direct supervision of the Laundry/Housekeeping and Materials Control Supervisor.
- Perform housekeeping duties in a pleasant, courteous and safe manner with a minimum of inconvenience to residents, the public and staff.
- Move furniture and clean floors.
- Clean walls, windows, washrooms and rooms/offices/lounges; polish/dust furniture per established procedures.
- Utilize manual and electrical cleaning equipment as required.
- Provide resident rooms for transfer and discharge; e.g. change linens and blankets on beds.
- Label and deliver resident clothing.
- Receive, store and replenish supplies in appropriate locations as required.
- Check curtains, drapes and carpets regularly for cleanliness and wear.
- Observe and report concerns such as smoking in rooms and the acquisition of electrical appliances, minor repairs, etc.
- Attend training sessions as scheduled.
- For Lodge Home Area: Assist with the feeding of residents as required.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Up to six (6) months of approved related experience.
- Thorough working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act in particular its relation to Homes for the Aged, Facility Safety Manual and Disaster Plan, as well as pertinent Home policies and procedures related to the job function.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal skills highly desirable; written skills an asset.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Provide, at own cost, a Criminal Record Check.
- Provide, at own cost, a Two-step Mantoux Test (TB).
- Provide, at own cost, a N95 Mask Fit.
Note: A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 4:30 PM by: e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or facsimile number: 705-688-3979. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX20-348) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.