Food Services Worker EX23-068
Posting date: January 20, 2023
Job Title: Food Services Worker
Number of Vacancies: Recruitment Pool
Posting number: EX23-068
Status: Part Time Positions
Hours of Work: Up to 48 hours bi-weekly
Shift Work Required: No
Range of Pay: $26.18 to $26.99 per hour
Start date: To follow selection process
Initial Reporting Location: 960 Notre Dame Avenue
Section: Food Services
Division: Long Term Care Services
Department: Community Development
Applications will be considered for both current and future vacancies and will be kept on file for six (6) months.
Pioneer Manor serves residents 18 years of age and older who have long-term health care needs and who are no longer able to manage in independent living situations. As the largest facility of its kind in North Eastern Ontario, Pioneer Manor is home to 433 residents who are provided with 24 hours of supervision.
Working at Pioneer Manor, you will help provide residents with a safe, clean, healthy environment where they can receive the care they need, have access to proper nutrition and experience the social benefits of being around their peers. Long term care allows you to focus on your patients’ overall well-being and form a connection with them. If you’re looking for a workplace where getting to know your patients is a high value, long term care is the right place for you.
Duties: Under the direct supervision of the Food Services Supervisor.
1. Prepare and portion food, ensuring food safety is maintained, according to menus and production guidelines.
2. Prepare items required for special dietary requirements and catering functions.
3. Ensure food is ready at appropriate times of service.
4. Serve meals to Residents, staff and visitors in a safe, pleasant and efficient manner.
5. Receive, unpack, check, store and rotate supplies as they arrive.
6. Dispose of garbage, clean and sanitize equipment, fridges, freezers and work areas thoroughly on a regular basis.
7. Prepare soiled dishes for washing, wash all pots/pans, operate dishwasher and store clean dishes.
8. Maintain proper food safety and sanitation practice at all times.
9. Perform quality assurance and sanitation audits as required.
10. Attend training sessions as scheduled.
11. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
12. Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Current Food Handler’s Certification (within five (5) years) from a Health Unit and WHMIS certification.
- Successful completion or is enrolled in a recognized Food Service Worker program.
- Successful completion of a Food Preparation/Nutrition Course (one (1) year) at a recognized Community College considered an asset.
- Journeyman’s Cook certification considered an asset.
- A minimum of 2,000 documented hours of food service/preparation experience preferably in an institutional setting.
- Experience in quantity food production/preparation.
- Demonstrate basic mathematical skills and the ability to follow recipes and production sheets.
- Demonstrate familiarity of Long Term Care Standards, Sanitation and Health Regulations in food safety and preparation.
- Knowledge of nutrition and special diets.
- Demonstrate ability to be flexible, resourceful and work as a team player.
- Demonstrate ability to work without supervision and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to meet the scheduling requirements of the position and its physical demands, including the ability to safely lift forty (40) pounds.
- Thorough working knowledge of The Occupational Health and Safety Act in particular its relation to Homes for the Aged, the Home’s Safety Manual and Disaster Plan, as well as pertinent policies and procedures of the Home related to the job function.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal skills highly desirable; written skills an asset.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Provide, at own cost, a Criminal Record Check.
- Provide, at own cost, a Two-Step Mantoux Test (TB).
Note: A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
How to Apply:
Résumés quoting EX23-068 are invited and will be received by the City of Greater Sudbury’s Human Resources and Organizational Development Division, by e-mail at email@example.com or fax at 705-688-3979, for the above noted position until 4:30 p.m. on Monday, February 6, 2023. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
All Pioneer Manor employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the Minister's Directive: Long-term care home COVID-19 immunization policy. Please do not submit your proof of vaccination with your resume. This information will only be required if you are selected as the candidate of choice.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process you must advise the Hiring Manager.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining an equitable, inclusive, diverse and accessible work environment. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. To find out if you’re eligible and for more information, visit our Applicants Living Outside of Canada web page. If you received your education from an educational institution outside of Canada, a copy of your Word Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (ICAS) document is required, along with your credentials. Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.