Food Services Worker EX19-673
Employment Opportunity Notice: EX19-673
Reporting Location: 960 Notre Dame Avenue
Part Time Position
Up to 48 Hours Bi-Weekly
(Shift Work Required)
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Food Services Section, Long Term Care Services Division, Community Development Department, of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires a Food Services Worker. The successful candidate must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $24.54 to $25.30 per hour.
Under the direct supervision of the Food Services Supervisor.
- Prepare and portion food, ensuring food safety is maintained, according to menus and production guidelines.
- Prepare items required for special dietary requirements and catering functions.
- Ensure food is ready at appropriate times of service.
- Serve meals to Residents, staff and visitors in a safe, pleasant and efficient manner.
- Receive, unpack, check, store and rotate supplies as they arrive.
- Dispose of garbage, clean and sanitize equipment, fridges, freezers and work areas thoroughly on a regular basis.
- Prepare soiled dishes for washing, wash all pots/pans, operate dishwasher and store clean dishes.
- Maintain proper food safety and sanitation practice at all times.
- Perform quality assurance and sanitation audits as required.
- Attend training sessions as scheduled.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Current Food Handler’s Certification (within five (5) years) from a Health Unit and WHMIS certification.
- Successful completion or is enrolled in a recognized Food Service Worker program.
- Successful completion of a Food Preparation/Nutrition Course (one (1) year) at a recognized Community College considered an asset.
- Journeyman’s Cook certification considered an asset.
- A minimum of 2,000 documented hours of food service/preparation experience preferably in an institutional setting.
- Experience in quantity food production/preparation.
- Demonstrate basic mathematical skills and the ability to follow recipes and production sheets.
- Demonstrate familiarity of Long Term Care Standards, Sanitation and Health Regulations in food safety and preparation.
- Knowledge of nutrition and special diets.
- Demonstrate ability to be flexible, resourceful and work as a team player.
- Demonstrate ability to work without supervision and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to meet the scheduling requirements of the position and its physical demands, including the ability to safely lift forty (40) pounds.
- Thorough working knowledge of The Occupational Health and Safety Act in particular its relation to Homes for the Aged, the Home’s Safety Manual and Disaster Plan, as well as pertinent policies and procedures of the Home related to the job function.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal skills highly desirable; written skills an asset.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Provide, at own cost, a Criminal Record Check.
- Provide, at own cost, a Two-Step Mantoux Test (TB).
Note: A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Wednesday, September 25, 2019 at 4:30 PM to: Citizen Service Centre, The City of Greater Sudbury, PO Box 5000, Station A, 200 Brady Street, Sudbury, Ontario, P3A 5P3, Facsimile number: 705-673-7219 or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX19-673) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.