Facility Clerk/Receptionist EX21-750
Employment Opportunity Notice
The City of Greater Sudbury
Reporting Location: Rayside-Balfour Workout Centre
Limited Regular Part Time Position
Estimated Probable Duration: Up to Eighteen (18) Months
Up to 48 Hours Bi-Weekly
(Shift Work Required)
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Recreation Services Section, Leisure Services Division, Community Development Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires a Facility Clerk/Receptionist. The successful candidate must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $24.06 to $27.78 per hour.
Under the direct supervision of the Recreation Co-ordinator or Designate.
1. Act as receptionist, monitor telephone calls, visitors and public enquiries responding with required information or direct to applicable source.
2. Receive, note and relay messages when receiving party cannot be contacted.
3. Register patrons for classes; complete appropriate forms for memberships.
4. Perform facility and fitness bookings.
5. Receive money transactions for registrations and bookings, provide receipts; complete daily tally sheet and balance cash.
6. Complete necessary forms for public relations. Post job posting and notices regarding program offerings.
7. Responsible for opening and closing the facility including locking/unlocking all areas the public requires access to.
8. Responsible for securing all cupboards housing cash, keys, membership cards and equipment rentals.
9. Responsible for knowing the Recreation Centre policies.
10. Report deficiencies and hazards to supervisor.
11. May provide instruction on use of Facility equipment as required.
12. Perform clerical and typing duties as required. Maintain statistics (e.g. usage statistics in spreadsheet format).
13. Assist in keeping facility clean and tidy. Ensure entrance and exit doors are clear of snow as required.
14. Act as First Aid back-up to Facility Staff.
15. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
16. Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Basic CPR and Basic First Aid.
- Minimum of six (6) months of related experience.
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal skills in dealing with the public in a courteous and effective manner.
- Ability to demonstrate accurate keyboarding skills.
- Demonstrate and proven ability related to microcomputer software and administrative systems (e.g. files maintenance, word processing, computerized spreadsheet applications, information input and retrieval).
- Current Conditioning Certification for locations where instruction on equipment use may be provided.
- Demonstrate ability to work co-operatively, efficiently, and effectively alongside peers and superiors.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal and written skills an asset.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Provide at own cost a Criminal Record Check.
Note: A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
All City of Greater Sudbury employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City's mandatory Vaccination Policy. Please do not submit your proof of vaccination with your resume. This information will only be required if you are selected as the candidate of choice.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Friday, October 22, 2021 at 4:30 PM by: e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or facsimile number: 705-688-3979. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX21-750) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.