Equipment/Vehicle Technician EX22-737
Posting date: June 15, 2022
Job Title: Equipment/Vehicle Technician
Number of Vacancies: 3
Posting number: EX22-737
Status: Regular Part Time positions
Hours of Work: Up to 48 hours bi-weekly
Shift Work Required: Yes
Range of Pay: $24.42 to $28.20 per hour
Start date: To follow selection process
Initial Reporting Location: Lionel E. Lalonde Centre
Eligible to Work from Home: No
Section: Logistical Support
Division: Emergency Services
Department: Community Safety
Duties: Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Chief of Emergency Services and the day-to-day direction of the Lead Equipment Vehicle Technician or the Logistics Co-ordinator.
1. Conduct routine maintenance on specialized equipment such as stretchers, stairchairs and other ambulance and patient care equipment.
2. Perform standardized vehicle and equipment checks in accordance with established procedures. Complete documentation regarding these checks.
3. Assess vehicles returned at the end of each shift, clean, and stock in preparation for deployment.
4. Responsible to restock medical bags in readiness for deployment, in accordance with established standards and procedures.
5. Maintain proper inventories, ensuring that equipment is serviced and rotated to maximum efficiency.
6. Operate a motor vehicle to deliver and retrieve patient care equipment such as defibrillators, backboards and stretchers from locations throughout CGS including hospitals and stations.
7. Evaluate the condition of retrieved equipment to ensure it is in good working order, is cleaned and meets the required standards before it is returned to inventory.
8. Responsible for deep cleaning all ambulances in adherence with a regular cleaning schedule.
9. Maintain records of repair, replacement and maintenance for audit and control purposes in accordance with the policies and standards required by Sudbury Emergency Services.
10. Operate truck and trailer combination vehicles and the ARGO in support of emergency services.
11. Attend technical training programs as required.
12. Acquaint new employees with Equipment/Vehicle Technician duties.
13. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
14. Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Successful completion of the Emergency First Responder Course, an asset.
- Must be willing and able to obtain and maintain a Class “A-Restricted” and Class “F” Driver’s Licence.
- Up to six (6) months experience in inventory control an asset.
- Up to six (6) months experience in an Emergency Medical Service setting an asset.
- Demonstrate ability to perform standardized vehicle and equipment maintenance and repairs utilizing safe operation of hand tools.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively maintain equipment and repair inventories.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain accurate equipment records and analyze and report on equipment inventory and performance requirements.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, related Acts and Regulations, policies and procedures.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal and written skills an asset.
- Any of the following driver’s licence classifications considered an asset “A”, “B”, “C”, “E”, “F”.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Provide, at own cost, a current Criminal Record Check.
- A Personal Information Release – Security Clearance for Service Provider form will be required.
- Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid Class “G” driver's licence, have an acceptable driving record, and personal insurance coverage.
Note: A Criminal Record Check, as well as a Personal Information Release - Security Clearance for Service Provider Form, will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit these forms with your application.
How to Apply:
Résumés quoting EX22-737 are invited and will be received by the City of Greater Sudbury’s Human Resources and Organizational Development Division, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 705-688-3979, for the above noted position until 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, June 28, 2022. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
All City of Greater Sudbury employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City's mandatory Vaccination Policy. Please do not submit your proof of vaccination with your resume. This information will only be required if you are selected as the candidate of choice.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process you must advise the Hiring Manager.
The City of Greater Sudbury has launched a survey to understand what prospective employees are looking for from an employer. Please take a few minutes to provide us with your input. Your responses will be anonymous. Thank you in advance for your participation in the survey!
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and are happy to hire qualified (including education credential) applicants from anywhere. In order to hire a candidate one must be legally entitled to work in Canada, with legally entitled being defined as having all of the necessary paperwork processed, approved and responded to, by way of a work permit being issued and received. Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.