Equipment Parts Expediter (Permanent) EX21-351
Employment Opportunity Notice
The City of Greater Sudbury
Equipment Parts Expediter
Reporting Location: 1160 Lorne Street
80 Hours Bi-Weekly
(Shift Work Required)
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Fleet Services Section, Finance, Assets and Fleet Division, Corporate Services Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires an Equipment Parts Expediter. The successful candidate must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current rate of pay for this position is $29.98 per hour.
Under the direct supervision of the Co-ordinator of Finance (Transit and Fleet).
1. Source, locate and purchase mechanical replacement parts using a request for quotation process.
2. Receive, store and issue materials following established practices.
3. Maintain a clean and organized warehouse.
4. Maximize the utilization of warehouse space under the guidelines set by the Co-ordinator of Finance (Transit and Fleet).
5. Ensure shipping and receiving discrepancies are corrected through approved adjustments
6. Release and purchase materials from standing offers and contracts.
7. Maintain inventories at the most economic levels by setting minimum/maximum on hand quantities in order to balance dollars invested and service levels to end users.
8. Determine timing and quantities of stock to order based on fleet operating parameters.
9. Monitor inventory levels and meet with local providers to resolve poor service levels, overstocking or supply flow problems.
10. Update receipts, issue materials and return cores using a computerized inventory control system.
11. Establish new inventory items when direct charge items are required for inventory, as directed.
12. Identify inactive stock as well as obsolete inventory and evaluate alternatives for re-sale (e.g. return to vendor, auction).
13. Conduct scheduled physical inventory counts; make appropriate adjustments to system and/or changes to physical layout of stock based on recommendations from the Co-ordinator of Finance (Transit and Fleet).
14. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
15. Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Minimum five (5) years direct experience in warehouse and inventory control, as well as the use of at least two (2) inventory management software systems/programs.
- Must be able to properly and safely operate a forklift. Alternatively, possessing a valid Forklift Operator License in good standing would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated understanding of the maintenance, repair and parts of vehicles and related equipment considered an asset.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and e-mail in a satisfactory manner. Knowledge of other computer software and administrative systems in a Windows environment considered an asset.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- May require the use of a CGS vehicle on CGS business. Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid “G” driver’s licence, and have an acceptable driving record.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Wednesday, June 16, 2021 at 4:30 PM by: e-mail to: email@example.com or facsimile number: 705-688-3979. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX21-351) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.