Engineering Administration Clerk EX23-076
Posting date: January 23, 2023
Job Title: Engineering Administration Clerk
Number of Vacancies: 1
Posting number: EX23-076
Status: Permanent position
Hours of Work: 80 hours bi-weekly
Shift Work Required: No
Range of Pay: $24.89 to $29.27 per hour (subject to review)
Start date: To follow selection process
Initial Reporting Location: St. Clair Depot
Eligible to Work from Home: No
Division: Engineering Services
Department: Growth and Infrastructure
Duties: Under the direct supervision of the Administrative Assistant to the Director of Engineering Services.
1. Maintain a uniform central records system including appropriate "Bring Forward" (BF) procedures.
2. Co-ordinate and prepare engineering tender documents and related correspondence.
3. Receive, record, and distribute mail and retrieve appropriate background material in accordance with established procedures.
4. Provide administrative support to the Division’s managerial staff. Monitor deadlines and work in progress, and administer the workload follow up system.
5. Prepare various forms, memos, correspondence, contracts and documents. Assemble and distribute various documents, as required.
6. Co-ordinate and schedule meetings. Attend meetings, prepare agendas and take minutes, as required.
7. Receive funds from and issue receipts to contractors for the sale of contract documents and plans.
8. Receive phone calls and visitors for the Department and direct to proper staff; respond to routine inquiries. Provide information to councillors, staff and general public as required.
9. Separate and recommend the destruction of inactive records in accordance with departmental procedures and the Retention By-law. Archive records annually and maintain archive database.
10. Update all manuals (i.e. designers' manuals, price book and tender opening list).
11. Co-ordinate and maintain office supplies inventory.
12. Prepare requisitions for Purchase Orders, receive invoices and prepare for authorization. Process for payment once approved. Co-ordinate travel arrangements for Divisional staff and process expense claims.
13. Assist other secretarial/clerical staff during times of overload, vacation or absence.
14. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
15. Perform other related duties as may be required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Over two and one-half years (2½) up to and including five (5) years of related experience.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Demonstrate ability related to software and administrative systems in a Windows environment (e.g. files maintenance, word processing, spreadsheet applications, information input and retrieval, etc.).
- Demonstrate organizational ability and attention to detailed work.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal with staff, general public and external agencies in a courteous and effective manner.
- Knowledge of engineering terminology considered an asset.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal and written skills an asset.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Physical capability to operate a vehicle safely, possession of a valid driver’s licence and an acceptable driving record will be considered an asset.
How to Apply:
Résumés quoting EX23-076 are invited and will be received by the City of Greater Sudbury’s Human Resources and Organizational Development Division, by e-mail at email@example.com or fax at 705-688-3979, for the above noted position until 4:30 p.m. on Friday, February 3, 2023. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
All City of Greater Sudbury employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City's mandatory Vaccination Policy. Please do not submit your proof of vaccination with your resume. This information will only be required if you are selected as the candidate of choice.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process you must advise the Hiring Manager.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining an equitable, inclusive, diverse and accessible work environment. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. To find out if you’re eligible and for more information, visit our Applicants Living Outside of Canada web page. If you received your education from an educational institution outside of Canada, a copy of your Word Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (ICAS) document is required, along with your credentials. Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.