Employment Opportunity Notice: EX20-603
Reporting Location: Tom Davies Square
Estimated Probable Duration: Up to One (1) Year
80 Hours Bi-Weekly
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Design Services Section, Engineering Services Division, Growth and Infrastructure Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires a Draftsperson. The successful candidate must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $27.01 to $32.61 per hour.
Under the general supervision of the Manager of Design Services, and the day-to-day direction of the Control Draftsperson (Lead Hand).
- Perform difficult original or revision drafting with speed and accuracy from original source material such as design sketches.
- Act as drafting team leader as directed; organize contract drawing requirements, check design calculations, instruct other Draftspersons, and liaise with project designers.
- Provide recommendations relative to adequacy, accuracy and project deadlines.
- Perform initial check of project drawings, and perform other checking duties as required.
- Perform design work on routine engineering projects including calculations of quantities, etc.
- Use good practical judgement in accurate calculations and interpretations of properties, legal descriptions, and field engineering records.
- Perform graphics design and preparation of graphics material.
- Exercise artistic ability in presentation of work.
- Assist in the administration of the tender/quotation process for Infrastructure Services projects; complete forms as required. Receive funds and issue receipts for the sale of contracts documents and plans to contractors as required.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as may be required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education, with some further educational training in Civil Drafting.
- Over two and one-half (2½) years up to and including five (5) years of related drafting experience.
- Knowledge of surveying and construction methods as they relate to drafting in a municipal setting.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal and written skills an asset.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Physical capability to operate a vehicle safely, possession of a valid driver’s licence and an acceptable drive record will be considered an asset.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Thursday, December 10, 2020 at 4:30 PM by: e-mail to: email@example.com or facsimile number: 705-688-3979. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX20-603) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.