Distribution and Collection Operator B (4) EX21-107
Employment Opportunity & Training Opportunity Notice
The City of Greater Sudbury
Distribution and Collection Operator B (4)
Should there be no fully qualified candidates for these positions,
less qualified candidate who can be expected to meet the required
qualifications within a reasonable period may be considered
for these positions as a training/development opportunity.
Reporting Location: Frobisher Depot
80 Hours Bi-Weekly
(Shift Work Required)
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Distribution and Collection Section, Linear Infrastructure Services Division, Growth and Infrastructure Department of the City of Greater Sudbury requires four (4) Distribution and Collection Operator B. The successful candidates must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $27.33 to $31.23 per hour (Training Opportunity range of pay is $25.96 to $29.67 per hour. The successful candidate will be paid at the reduced range until the minimum qualifications have been met).
Under the supervision of a Distribution and Collection Foreperson.
1. Perform all operational and maintenance functions necessary for the safe and efficient service to consumers of distribution and collection facilities.
2. Carry out hydrant inspections in an assigned area and ascertain whether the hydrants are in operable condition.
3. Report immediately to the Distribution and Collection Foreperson any defective or inoperable hydrants.
4. Layout, fit, assemble, install and maintain piping systems, fixtures and equipment for water and sewer installation.
5. Perform preventative and corrective repairs to distribution and collective facilities.
6. Collect samples and perform routine lab tests as directed.
7. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
8. Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Must be certified as an Operator In Training, and willing and able to complete certification as Water Distribution Level 1 and Wastewater Collection Level 1 within eighteen (18) months. Successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain certification in good standing.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years experience in water/wastewater operations.
- Able to effectively complete M.M.M.S. Crew Cards.
- Prepare reports and exercise good judgement in dealing with emergency conditions and with the general public.
- Able to communicate effectively with mobile radio equipment.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills in dealing with the public, staff and outside agencies in a courteous and effective manner.
- Complete knowledge of CGS’s distribution and collection facilities.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- May require the use of a CGS vehicle on CGS business. Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver's licence, and have an acceptable driving record.
- Must provide, at own cost, a Criminal Record Check.
Note: A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
Interested applicants who have questions regarding certification are encouraged to visit the OWWCO website at www.owwco.ca
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.