Distribution and Collection Operator B (2) EX20-373
Employment Opportunity Notice: EX20-373
Reporting Location: Frobisher
Casual Part Time Positions
Up to 48 Hours Bi-Weekly
(Shift Work Required)
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Distribution and Collection Section, Linear Infrastructure Services Division, Growth and Infrastructure Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires two (2) Distribution and Collection Operator B. The successful candidates must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $27.33 to $31.23 per hour.
Under the supervision of a Distribution and Collection Foreperson:
- Perform all operational and maintenance functions necessary for the safe and efficient service to consumers of distribution and collection facilities.
- Carry out hydrant inspections in an assigned area and ascertain whether the hydrants are in operable condition.
- Report immediately to the Distribution and Collection Foreperson any defective or inoperable hydrants.
- Layout, fit, assemble, install and maintain piping systems, fixtures and equipment for water and sewer installation.
- Perform preventative and corrective repairs to distribution and collective facilities.
- Collect samples and perform routine lab tests as directed.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Must be certified as an Operator In Training, and willing and able to complete certification as Water Distribution Level 1 and Wastewater Collection Level 1 within eighteen (18) months. Successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain certification in good standing.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years experience in water/wastewater operations.
- Able to effectively complete M.M.M.S. Crew Cards.
- Prepare reports and exercise good judgement in dealing with emergency conditions and with the general public.
- Able to communicate effectively with mobile radio equipment.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills in dealing with the public, staff and outside agencies in a courteous and effective manner.
- Complete knowledge of CGS’s distribution and collection facilities.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- May require the use of a CGS vehicle on CGS business. Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver's licence, and have an acceptable driving record.
- Must provide, at own cost, a Criminal Record Check.
*Interested applicants who have questions regarding certification are encouraged to visit the OWWCO website at www.owwco.ca.
Note: A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 4:30 PM by: e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or facsimile number: 705-688-3979. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX20-373) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.