Client Services Technician EX21-418
Employment Opportunity & Training Opportunity Notice
The City of Greater Sudbury
Client Services Technician
Reporting Location: 199 Larch Street
Should there be no fully qualified candidate for this position, a less qualified candidate
who can be expected to meet the required qualifications within a reasonable
period may be considered for this position as a training/development opportunity.
Estimated Probable Duration: Seven (7) Months
70 Hours Bi-Weekly
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Client Services Section, Information Technology Division, Corporate Services Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires a Client Services Technician. The successful candidate must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $34.21 to $42.00 per hour (Training Opportunity rate of pay is $32.28 per hour. The successful candidate will be paid at the reduced rate until the minimum qualification have been met).
Under the supervision of the Client Services Manager.
1. Identify and log support issue being encountered. Analyse the support issue to determine the cause. Determine appropriate solution and resolve the problem. Direct unsolved issues to the appropriate area of specialization. Ensure end user satisfaction by monitoring each support call received through to completion.
2. Provide guidance and recommendations in the appropriate use of hardware and software while promoting overall client self-reliance.
3. Liaise with appropriate outside organizations regarding hardware or software support issues. Maintain and organize a list of solutions that can be referenced by all support technicians.
4. Install, maintain and upgrade computer hardware and software. Assemble, connect and configure all peripherals, printers/copiers, telecom and associated network devices.
5. Maintain user accounts, as required.
6. Instruct or assist in the instruction of courses offered by the Information Technology.
7. Type and file documents, forms and correspondence.
8. Assist with maintenance of all hardware, software and loaned equipment including inventories and records.
9. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
10. Perform other related duties as required.
- Community College Diploma in Microcomputers and Systems or Information Systems with courses in office automation software or equivalent.
- Over one (1) up to and including two and half (2½) years of related experience dealing with end user computing support in a networked environment and as a microcomputer technician working in Novell and NT environments.
- Experience with assisting users of office automation software in a networked environment an asset.
- Demonstrate knowledge of PC hardware components and peripherals.
- Comprehensive skills and understanding of Windows, Corel Office 2000, Microsoft Office 2000, Novell GroupWise and other office automation corporate software standards.
- Local area networks and LAN Administration/troubleshooting. Knowledge of printers, copiers and peripherals.
- Satisfactory keyboarding ability.
- Effective communications skills.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver’s licence, have an acceptable driving record, and personal insurance coverage.