Client Services Technician EX20-601
Employment Opportunity Notice: EX20-601
Reporting Location: 199 Larch Street
Estimated Probable Duration: Up to Seven (7) Months
70 Hours Bi-Weekly
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Client Services Section, Information Technology Division, Corporate Services Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires a Client Services Technician. The successful candidate must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $33.67 to $41.34 per hour
Under the supervision of the Client Services Manager.
- Identify and log support issue being encountered. Analyse the support issue to determine the cause. Determine appropriate solution and resolve the problem. Direct unsolved issues to the appropriate area of specialization. Ensure end user satisfaction by monitoring each support call received through to completion.
- Provide guidance and recommendations in the appropriate use of hardware and software while promoting overall client self-reliance.
- Liaise with appropriate outside organizations regarding hardware or software support issues. Maintain and organize a list of solutions that can be referenced by all support technicians.
- Install, maintain and upgrade computer hardware and software. Assemble, connect and configure all peripherals, printers/copiers, telecom and associated network devices.
- Maintain user accounts, as required.
- Instruct or assist in the instruction of courses offered by the Information Technology.
- Type and file documents, forms and correspondence.
- Assist with maintenance of all hardware, software and loaned equipment including inventories and records.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Community College Diploma in Microcomputers and Systems or Information Systems with courses in office automation software or equivalent.
- Over one (1) up to and including two and half (2½) years of related experience dealing with end user computing support in a networked environment and as a microcomputer technician working in Novell and NT environments.
- Experience with assisting users of office automation software in a networked environment an asset.
- Demonstrate knowledge of PC hardware components and peripherals.
- Comprehensive skills and understanding of Windows, Corel Office 2000, Microsoft Office 2000, Novell GroupWise and other office automation corporate software standards.
- Local area networks and LAN Administration/troubleshooting. Knowledge of printers, copiers and peripherals.
- Satisfactory keyboarding ability.
- Effective communications skills.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver’s licence, have an acceptable driving record, and personal insurance coverage.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Monday, November 30, 2020 at 4:30 PM by: e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or facsimile number: 705-688-3979. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX20-601) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.