Posting date: January 20, 2023
Job Title: Clerk-Receptionist (Bilingual – English/French)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Posting number: EX23-070
Status: Regular Part Time position
Hours of Work: Up to 48 hours bi-weekly
Shift Work Required: No
Range of Pay: $24.89 to $29.27 per hour
Start date: To follow selection process
Initial Reporting Location: 199 Larch Street
Eligible to Work from Home: No
Section: Social Services
Division: Children and Social Services
Department: Community Development
Duties: Under the direct supervision of the Social Services Program Manager.
1. Respond to general enquiries from clients, the general public and agencies and refer to appropriate contacts.
2. Keep records as required. Arrange appointments and meetings as required.
3. Receive, pick-up, file and/or distribute documents as required.
4. Maintain filing system.
5. Perform keyboarding and data entry.
6. Organize, maintain and keep an inventory of stock forms and other office supplies.
7. Review case files for retention of materials for archives and destroy outdated material as directed.
8. Acquaint new employees and students with the Clerk-Receptionist job functions as required.
9. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
10. Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Six (6) months up to and including twelve (12) months of related experience.
- Satisfactory keyboarding skills (minimum 40 words per minute).
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal skills in dealing with the public in a courteous and effective manner.
- Demonstrate and proven ability related to microcomputer software and administrative systems (e.g. file maintenance, word processing, information input and retrieval).
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- Excellent French verbal skills and a working knowledge of written French is required.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Physical capability to operate a vehicle safely, possession of a valid driver’s licence and an acceptable driving record, will be considered an asset.
How to Apply:
Résumés quoting EX23-070 are invited and will be received by the City of Greater Sudbury’s Human Resources and Organizational Development Division, by e-mail at email@example.com or fax at 705-688-3979, for the above noted position until 4:30 p.m. on Monday, January 30, 2023. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
All City of Greater Sudbury employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City's mandatory Vaccination Policy. Please do not submit your proof of vaccination with your resume. This information will only be required if you are selected as the candidate of choice.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process you must advise the Hiring Manager.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining an equitable, inclusive, diverse and accessible work environment. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. To find out if you’re eligible and for more information, visit our Applicants Living Outside of Canada web page. If you received your education from an educational institution outside of Canada, a copy of your Word Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (ICAS) document is required, along with your credentials. Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.