Business Services Representative EX21-739
Employment Opportunity Notice
The City of Greater Sudbury
Business Services Representative
Reporting Location: Lionel E. Lalonde Centre
Estimated Probable Duration: Up to Seven (7) Months
(May be Extended)
70 Hours Bi-Weekly
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Emergency Services Division, Community Safety Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires a Business Services Representative. The successful candidate must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $24.52 to $28.84 per hour.
Under the general supervision of the Co-ordinator of Finance.
1. Receive, respond to and redirect inquiries regarding the facility and its tenants from the public, staff and construction/maintenance crews.
2. Work with all required parties to co-ordinate reservations of facilities, catering, including residence, meeting and conference rooms (e.g. clients, custodians, catering etc.) to ensure that clients’ needs are met.
3. Prepare and/or secure, and maintain required documentation and funds related to Lionel E. Lalonde Centre reservations.
4. Assist in marketing the Lionel E. Lalonde Centre and maintaining a quality assurance program for the facility.
5. Prepare invoices for authorization, billing advices and PeopleSoft purchase orders. Assist Emergency Services staff with payroll and timekeeping, as well as KRONOS scheduling.
6. Assist in maintaining financial related databases.
7. Prepare weekly booking schedules including meeting room rental set up.
8. Maintain a petty cash account.
9. Assist facility management with setting up meetings (e.g. Health and Safety, staff, tailgates, etc.).
10. Provide facility tours as directed.
11. Perform typical administrative and clerical duties, as required.
12. Provide support to the Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) on a 24/7 basis as required, in the event of a declared emergency or disaster.
13. Enter information for statistical reports and maintain Facility Booking and Program Registration system user guide.
14. Assist in the administration of facility agreements, related policies, licenses and billing advices.
15. In support of the hiring process, arrange documentation and appointments for new employees of the Business and Strategic Services section.
16. Assist with the collection of overdue and delinquent accounts.
17. Track and enter training information for employees of the Business and Strategic Services section.
18. Organize, maintain and keep inventory of stock forms and other office supplies. Maintain and supply facsimile machine, photocopier and printers, and other office equipment.
19. Assist with the procurement process for Lionel E. Lalonde Centre equipment and supplies including quotes/authorizations and ordering.
20. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
21. Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Post Secondary education in a related field (e.g. Business Administration, Hospitality, Accounting) is an asset.
- Over one (1) year and up to and including two and one-half (2½) years of related experience.
- Demonstrate ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Demonstrate a proven ability related to computer software and administrative systems in a Windows environment (e.g. file maintenance, word processing, spreadsheet applications, information input and retrieval).
- Ability to adapt and work effectively within a variety of situations.
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal skills and experience in dealing with the public, staff and outside agencies in a courteous and effective manner.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of accounting in the areas of AP/AR/Payroll.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of PeopleSoft functionality relating to payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchase orders and general ledger (GL).
- Must have knowledge of facility Booking and program registration systems (e.g. MRM).
- Knowledge of Kronos functionality as it relates to scheduling and payroll an asset.
- Experience with facility support and a general understanding of the legislations (e.g. OH&S, accessibility standards, etc.).
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal skills highly desirable; written skills an asset.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver’s licence, have an acceptable
driving record, and personal insurance coverage.
All City of Greater Sudbury employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City's mandatory Vaccination Policy. Please do not submit your proof of vaccination with your resume. This information will only be required if you are selected as the candidate of choice.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Tuesday, October 19, 2021 at 4:30 PM by: e-mail to: email@example.com or facsimile number: 705-688-3979. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX21-739) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.