Bus Operator (6) EX21-922
Employment Opportunity Notice
The City of Greater Sudbury
Bus Operator (6)
Reporting Location: 1160 Lorne Street
Regular Part Time Positions
Up to 40 Hours Weekly
(Shift Work Required)
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Transit Operations Section, Transit Services Division, Community Development Department, of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires six (6) Bus Operators. The successful candidates must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $27.40 to $29.59 per hour.
Under the general supervision of the Transit Operations Supervisor.
1. Safely operate various coaches on pre-determined routes, according to schedules.
2. Collect fares, issue transfers and assist public with information when requested.
3. Secure wheelchairs and scooters.
4. Complete waybills, log cards, and vehicle checks on a daily basis.
5. Conduct passenger surveys when requested.
6. Report suspected mechanical defects promptly.
7. Complete written reports as required.
8. Other related duties as may be directed from time to time.
9. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
10. Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- No transit experience necessary.
- Must have thorough knowledge of transit routes, fares and schedules.
- Ability to operate and park transit coaches to the satisfaction of the Driver Trainer.
- Must be able and willing to work shift work.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills in dealing with the public, staff and outside agencies in a courteous and effective manner.
- Excellent use of English verbally and in writing.
- French verbal and written skills an asset.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Provide, at own cost, a current Criminal Record Check.
- Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, capable of possessing a Class “CZ” Ontario Driver’s Licence, have an acceptable driving record, and personal insurance coverage.
Note: A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
All City of Greater Sudbury employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City's mandatory Vaccination Policy. Please do not submit your proof of vaccination with your resume. This information will only be required if you are selected as the candidate of choice.
How to Apply:
In order to be considered for these positions, applicants are required to complete the Bus Operator Application tool on our website at www.greatersudbury.ca/jobs by Tuesday, December 7, 2021 at 4:30 PM. If you are unable to access the Application tool, please email email@example.com. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX21-922) on your resume. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.