Airport Operations Serviceperson (AFFS) "A" EX20-032
Employment Opportunity & Training Opportunity Notice: EX20-032
Should there be no fully qualified candidate for this position,
a less qualified candidate who can be expected to meet the required
qualifications within a reasonable period may be considered
for this position as a training/development opportunity.
Reporting Location: Greater Sudbury Airport
80 Hours Bi-Weekly
(Shift Work Required)
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
Greater Sudbury Airport Services, of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires an Airport Operations Servicepersons (AFFS) “A”. The successful candidate must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current rate of pay for this position is $31.09 per hour (Training Opportunity rate of pay is $29.54 per hour. The successful candidate will be paid at the reduced rate until the minimum qualifications have been met).
Under the general supervision of the Airport Operations Supervisor, or designate and the day to day direction of the Airport Operations Serviceperson (AFFS)/Leadhand.
- Repair, maintain, or oversee construction of physical structures such as buildings, partitions, storage sheds, counters, guardrails, signs, fencing, and minor electrical repairs.
- Operate necessary equipment in order to perform Aircraft Firefighting Services (AFFS).
- Operate airport vehicular equipment or equipment located in buildings.
- Perform all standard operating procedures for aircraft fire fighting and rescue.
- Operate standard power and hand tools.
- Assist mechanic as directed.
- Maintain water and sanitary systems.
- Collect and dispose of refuse when directed.
- Must maintain aircraft fire fighting certification as outlined in the aircraft fire fighting regulations.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Must possess certificate or diploma indicating within the previous twelve (12) months, successful completion of the training specified in the aircraft fire fighting standards.
- Must have endorsed records authenticating that training in each applicable element of Section 323.14 of the CAR’s (excluding site specific) has been satisfactorily completed in the last thirty-six (36) months training period.
- Must have endorsed records authenticating that a live fire drill such as described in aircraft fire fighting regulations has been satisfactorily completed in the last twelve (12) months’ live fire drill training cycle period.
- Must possess proof of an Aircraft Fire Fighting Services (AFFS) Certification.
- Possession of or an ability to obtain a Restricted Radio-telephone Operator’s Certificate.
- Possession of or an ability to obtain a valid St. John Ambulance First Aid Certificate.
- Possession of or an ability to obtain a Restricted Area Identification Card.
- Possession of or an ability to obtain an Airside Vehicle Operator’s Permit.
- Possession of or an ability to obtain a Possession Acquisition Licence under The Firearms Act.
- Minimum of three (3) years of heavy equipment operation, crash firefighting and rescue service, and related maintenance experience.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and supervise their execution.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- May require the use of a personal or CGS vehicle on GSA business. Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid Class “DZ” driver's licence and have an acceptable driving record.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Wednesday, January 29, 2020 at 4:30 PM to: Citizen Service Centre, The City of Greater Sudbury, PO Box 5000, Station A, 200 Brady Street, Sudbury, Ontario, P3A 5P3, Facsimile number: 705-673-7219 or by e-mail to: email@example.com Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX20-032) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.