Greater Sudbury Public Library Board
Are you motivated, passionate, and committed to making a difference in the success of your community?
The Greater Sudbury Public Library Board is seeking three Board Members to participate in an exciting time of transition.
Board members oversee the purpose and operation of the public library system to achieve identified outcomes through planning, policy development and advocacy in accordance with provincial legislation.
Major projects for the Board term ending in January 2023 include:
- Revising the operating agreement with the City of Greater Sudbury;
- Identifying priorities for the next Strategic Plan; and
- Building a new Main Branch which will be part of the Large Project known as Junction East.
Regular meetings are scheduled 10 times a year. The term of office will be until January 2023 or until successors are appointed. Any member of the Board may serve for successive terms.
Please note this is an unpaid volunteer position.
Eligible candidates must be:
- at least 18 years of age
- a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- a resident of the City of Greater Sudbury
- must not be employed by the Public Library Board or the municipality
Experience in one or more of the following is considered an asset:
- Finance and Accounting
- Human Resources
Additional considerations to volunteer for appointment:
- Representative of Greater Sudbury’s demographic.
- Embraces such values as cultural diversity, equitable access, intellectual freedom, accessibility, and innovation.
- Committed to a comprehensive and efficient public library service reflecting the community’s needs.
- Willing to focus on the big picture by learning about public library issues and concerns at both the provincial and national levels. Motivated and possesses the skills, passion and vision to contribute as a member of the Greater Sudbury Public Library nine-member Board of Directors.
How to Apply
Applicants are encouraged to submit a Curriculum Vitae. Completed application forms must be returned to the City Clerk’s Office no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, August 14, 2020 by one of the following options:
Hand delivery: Tom Davies Square, 200 Brady St., Main Floor, Sudbury ON Att: Office of the City Clerk
Mail: City of Greater Sudbury, Clerk's Office, PO Box 5000, Stn. A, Sudbury ON P3A 5P3
To discuss this appointment, please contact Ms. Mette Krüger, Interim Chief Executive Officer 705-673-1155 ext. 4769 or email@example.com.
About the Greater Sudbury Public Library:
The Greater Sudbury Public Library inspires innovation, creativity and imagination, preserves and treasures our community's past and promotes the pursuit of knowledge for people of all ages and backgrounds, beginning with the very young.
The Greater Sudbury Public Library strives to enrich the lives of individuals and the spirit of the community by providing the highest quality library service to our citizens in their quest to read, learn, educate and dream. We support all members of the community by providing equitable access to a wide variety of information sources and literature.