Population Health, Safety and Well-Being Advisory Panel
To advise and assist Council in the development and implementation of an inclusive and diverse Greater Sudbury Population Health, Safety and Well-Being (PHSWB) Plan that meets the legislative requirements under the Safer Ontario Act, 2018, and that is in alignment with the City’s strategic priorities.
Up to 17 members including:
- One representative appointed by the North East Local Health Integrated Network,
- One representative appointed by Health Sciences North,
- One representative appointed by the Canadian Mental Health Association,
- One representative appointed by Public Health Sudbury & Districts,
- One representative appointed by Centre de Sante Communautaire du Grand Sudbury,
- One representative from local school boards and one representative from local post-secondary schools appointed by Council (preferably one French and one English representative),
- One representative of community or social services providers appointed by Council,
- One representative of community or social services providers to children or youth appointed by Council,
- One representative of custodial services providers to children or youth appointed by Council,
- One member of City Council (to act as Co-chair),
- Two representatives appointed by the Greater Sudbury Police Services Board comprised of one member of the Police Services Board and one high ranking officer of the police service,
- One representative appointed by the Urban Indigenous Sacred Circle,
- Three community members or experts appointed by Council, representing the following: seniors, children and youth, vulnerable and/or at-risk individuals, multi-cultural groups, the housing sector, and recreation.
To coincide with the term of Council.
Phone: 705-674-4455 extension 2448