Museum and Heritage Advisory Panel
- Provide advice and assist with the creation of short and long-term plans with goals and objectives relevant to museums’ programming and cultural heritage representation,heritage tourism opportunities and heritage designation.
- Provide advice on municipal, provincial and federal policies and procedures pertaining to the museums’ operations and activities; and
- Advise and assist Council on matters related to Parts IV and V of the Ontario Heritage Act, R.S.O 1990 c.0.18
The Advisory Panel will be composed of people residing within the City of Greater Sudbury who demonstrate a strong commitment to the terms of reference. A diverse cross section of people should be chosen in order to bring the Panel relevant technical and professional expertise as well as strong advocacy, communication and organizational skills.
A minimum of nine and maximum of 11 members comprised of a broad representation of the culture and heritage sector, ideally including representation from:
- The Indigenous community
- The Francophone community
- People that demonstrate interest in local history, culture, geography or anthropology
- Private, not-for-profit, education and public sectors
- Applicants between 18 to 30 years of age
- Minimum of two Members of Council
The Museums and Heritage Advisory Panel will meet quarterly, with additional meetings
scheduled as required.
To coincide with the term of Council
Executive Director - Strategic Initiatives, Communications and Citizen Services