Year-End Statistical Reports for the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario
All municipalities, public libraries and health institutions must submit a year-end statistical report to the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario summarizing the formal written requests for access to, or correction of, information defined under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA) or the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA).
The year-end report includes:
- the number of requests received and completed, separated between personal information requests and general records requests;
- the general source of requests, defined as individual, individual by agent, business, academic/research, association/group, media, government or other;
- the time to complete requests and whether any notices of extension were issued;
- the final decision regarding the request, including whether all information was disclosed, information was partially disclosed, no information disclosed, no responsive records exist, or the request was withdrawn, abandoned or non-jurisdictional;
- whether exemptions and exclusions were applied as directed by MFIPPA or PHIPA; and
- a summary of fees collected related to requests for access to records and the reasons for collecting fees other than the application fees.
The following year-end statistical reports are available in pdf format: