It's easier than ever to ride Greater Sudbury Transit
The Greater Sudbury Transit fleet is 100% accessible and has many features to make it easier for individuals with various abilities to ride the bus:
- Seven day a week service and morning to night departure times offer more freedom and flexibility to travel where you want, when you want, with no need for advance bookings.
- New technology at mybus.greatersudbury.ca lets you use a smart phone or computer to confirm when the next bus is due to arrive at any bus stop you choose.
- Low floors have replaced stairs. One small step up is all that’s required to board the bus.
- Wheelchair ramps are automated. The ramp is also available for scooters and walkers.
- Seats at the front of the bus fold up. Each bus can accommodate two wheelchairs.
- Upcoming bus stops are displayed on a large screen at the front of the bus to help you find your way. Upcoming stops are also announced should you have difficulty reading the screen.
- Persons with disabilities have first priority for seats at the front of the bus. Elderly persons also have courtesy seating near the front of the bus.
Click on the image below for a 30-second YouTube video that illustrates the convenience of accessible features on all Greater Sudbury Transit buses.