It's easier than ever to ride Greater Sudbury Transit
The Greater Sudbury Transit fleet is 100% accessible and has many features to make it easier for individuals with various abilities to ride the bus:
- Seven day a week service and morning to night departure times offer more freedom and flexibility to travel where you want, when you want, with no need for advance bookings.
- New technology at mybus.greatersudbury.ca lets you use a smart phone or computer to confirm when the next bus is due to arrive at any bus stop you choose.
- Low floors have replaced stairs. One small step up is all that’s required to board the bus.
- Wheelchair ramps are automated. The ramp is also available for scooters and walkers.
- Seats at the front of the bus fold up. Each bus can accommodate two wheelchairs.
- Upcoming bus stops are displayed on a large screen at the front of the bus to help you find your way. Upcoming stops are also announced should you have difficulty reading the screen.
- Persons with disabilities have first priority for seats at the front of the bus. Elderly persons also have courtesy seating near the front of the bus.