Intersection of Lasalle Boulevard and Notre Dame Avenue Infrastructure Improvements
In May 2013, the City of Greater Sudbury began construction at the intersection of Lasalle Blvd. and Notre Dame Ave. This is one of the busiest intersections in the city, with more than 50,000 vehicles per day.
The contract has been awarded to Teranorth Construction and we expect work to be complete in the Fall of 2013, with a final layer of paving and restoration to be completed in 2014.
During construction, traffic will be facilitated using barriers, signage, flagpersons, and police services. Construction has been approved on a 24/7 schedule. Work in the intersection will take place at night to help reduce traffic congestion.
The City thanks motorists for their patience during construction. Once complete, vehicle congestion will be significantly reduced at this busy intersection during rush hour and off-peak times.
Improvements on Notre Dame Avenue and Lasalle Boulevard (map of project area pdf 768 KB) include:
- Reconstruction of the roadway, including new pavement and granulars;
- Road widening with additional turn lanes and through lanes;
- Replacement of curb and sidewalk;
- Replacement of water main and services;
- Replacement/repairs to the storm sewer, sanitary sewer mains and services;
- Utility Relocations, including poles and streetlights.
Information from the February 21, 2013 Public Information Centre held at École Secondaire Macdonald-Cartier, Sudbury:
Notice of Public Information Centre: (pdf 82.7 KB)
For further information, please contact:
City of Greater Sudbury
705-674-4455 ext. 2947