School Crossing Guard(s) (Recruitment Pool)
Employment Opportunity Notice
*Extended closing date
School Crossing Guard(s)
Reporting Location: Various
Contract Part Time Positions
Estimated Probable Duration: Until June 27, 2014
Up to 20 Hours Bi-Weekly
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
*A Criminal Records Check is required in advance of starting employment in this position. Please contact Police Services at 705-675-9171 Monday to Friday between 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. for information on how to obtain a Criminal Records Check.*
The Transit and Fleet Administration Section, Transit and Fleet Services Division, Infrastructure Services Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires School Crossing Guard(s). The successful candidates must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $11.35 to $12.31 per hour.
Education and Training:
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Crossing guard experience an asset.
- Best practices within areas of responsibility.
- Applicable legislation and related regulations.
- Understand and meet the needs of customers.
- Personal Suitability:
- Mental and physical fitness to perform essential job functions.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal skills highly desirable; written skills an asset.
- Provide, at own cost, a Criminal Record Check.
Responsible for the safe crossing of school children.
Under the General Direction of the Manager of Transit and Fleet Administration and the Day-to-Day Direction of the Lead Crossing Guard:
- Stop vehicular traffic or select suitable gaps in vehicular traffic flow and guide the children safely across the roadway in accordance with policy.
- Exercise constant care to prevent injury and accidents in accordance with policy.
- Perform duties with applicable standards of conduct: CGS Crossing Guard Conduct Standards including practising courtesy, patience, consideration and tolerance when interacting with the school children and the general public.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Friday, June 27th, 2014 at 4:30 p.m. to: Citizen Service Centre, c/o The City of Greater Sudbury, P. O. Box 5000, Station "A", Sudbury, Ontario, P3A 5P3, Facsimile number: (705) 673-7219 or by e-mail to: email@example.com Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EO14-012 *Revised) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply for this position, click here .
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.