Employment Opportunity Notice
EO15-164 to EO15-169
Reporting Location: St. Clair Depot
Estimated Probable Duration: June 1, 2015 to
November 27, 2015
80 Hours Bi-Weekly
The Construction Services Section, Engineering Services Division, Infrastructure Services Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires six (6) Rodperson(s). The successful candidates must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $21.53 to $24.57 per hour.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education, including Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry and Physics.
- Over one (1) and up to and including two and one-half (2½) years of surveying experience.
- Ability to exercise judgement in procedures and methods used.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills in dealing with the public, staff and outside agencies in a courteous and effective manner.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal and written skills an asset.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver's licence, have an acceptable driving record, and personal insurance coverage.
Under the General Supervision of the Chief Field Inspector and the Day to Day Direction of the Instrumentperson/Leader or Designate:
- Take measurements required for street surveys or in staking for purposes of construction.
- Hold level rod at points indicated during street surveys or in setting grades.
- Drive survey stakes.
- Assist in preparation of field book notes and grade sheets required by contractors or Field Inspectors.
- Check or verify errors in instrument work as directed.
- Maintain and clean survey equipment such as instruments, chains and vehicles.
- Perform fill-in work as required.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Friday, May 8th, 2015 at 4:30 PM to: Citizen Service Centre, The City of Greater Sudbury, PO Box 5000, Station A, 200 Brady Street, Sudbury, Ontario, P3A 5P3, Facsimile number: 705-673-7219 or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EO15-164 to EO15-169) on your resume. For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.