Relief Customer Service Representative/Clerk (2)
Employment Opportunity Notice
EO15-242 to EO15-243
Relief Customer Service
Reporting Location: 1805 Frobisher
Casual Part Time Positions
Up to 48 Hours Bi-Weekly
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Environmental Services Division, Infrastructure Services Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires two (2) Relief Customer Service Representative/Clerk(s). The successful candidates must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $22.93 to $26.85 per hour.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Over one (1) up to and including two and one-half (2½) years of related experience.
- Knowledge of solid waste systems and programs.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and By-laws.
- Demonstrate keyboarding (a minimum of 50 words per minute) and word processing skills.
- Demonstrate ability related to microcomputer software and administrative systems in a Windows environment (i.e. file maintenance, word processing, spreadsheet applications, information input and retrieval).
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal skills dealing with the public, staff, outside agencies, and Councillors in a courteous and effective manner.
- Ability to demonstrate organizational skills and attention to detailed work.
- Ability to function within a team environment.
- Ability to handle large-volume functions.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal and written skills an asset.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver’s licence, have an acceptable driving record, and personal insurance coverage.
Under the Supervision of the Supervisor of Collection and Recycling:
- Review customer service requests and/or complaints, initiate action with CGS staff and/or contractors, ensure follow-up.
- Input information in the ACR or related customer service system, circulate information records and distribute to appropriate Section.
- Receive, categorize and prioritize telephone calls such as business calls, service requests, complaints and messages.
- Provide promotional and/or informational material/forms regarding solid waste services and programs.
- Receive weigh tickets and tipping fee revenue from Landfill Security Supervisor. Ensure cash/cheques received balance with weigh tickets. Prepare deposit slip and submit for posting.
- Prepare weekly billing advice for tipping fee charges to Accounts Receivable.
- Enter monthly statistics and update manuals as required.
- Gather, scan and organize agreements and documentation.
- Perform typing, filing, and miscellaneous clerical duties for the Division.
- Assist staff during periods of vacation, overload or absence.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Thursday, June 18th, 2015 at 4:30 PM to: Citizen Service Centre, The City of Greater Sudbury, PO Box 5000, Station A, 200 Brady Street, Sudbury, Ontario, P3A 5P3, Facsimile number: 705-673-7219 or by e-mail to: email@example.com Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EO15-242 to EO15-243) on your resume. For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.