Employment Opportunity Notice
Reporting Location: Howard Armstrong Recreation Centre
Estimated Probable Duration: Seven (7) Months
70 Hours Bi-Weekly
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Recreation Services Section, Leisure Services Division, Citizen and Leisure Services Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires a Receptionist. The successful candidate must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $21.83 to $25.21 per hour.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR.
- One (1) to two and one half (2½) years of related experience.
- Demonstrate and proven ability related to microcomputer software and administrative systems (i.e. files maintenance, word processing, computerized spreadsheet applications, information input and retrieval).
- Ability to demonstrate accurate keyboarding skills.
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal skills in dealing with the public in a courteous and effective manner.
- Demonstrate ability to work co-operatively, efficiently and effectively alongside peers and superiors.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal and written skills an asset.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver’s licence, have an acceptable driving record, and personal insurance coverage.
Under the General Supervision of the Recreation Centre Co-Ordinator and Aquatic Trainer:
- Provide information and monitor telephone calls.
- Receive customers.
- File, receive, record and balance all revenues and collections, rentals, season passes and other items pertaining to the Recreation Centre.
- Perform cashier, clerical and typing duties as required.
- Maintain hall contracts and logs, and public swimming reports.
- Maintain petty cash funds.
- Order supplies for the office and vending machines.
- Perform inventory and reports as required.
- Assist in preparing schedules, time sheets and other items as required.
- Complete necessary forms for public registrations.
- Control opening of the change rooms by a mechanical system.
- Receive and distribute incoming mail.
- Ensure vending machines, locker revenue is counted, rolled and deposited monthly.
- Maintain numerical sequence of all membership cards and passes.
- Act as First Aid back-up to swimming pool staff.
- Assist in keeping the facility clean and tidy.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Friday, July 3rd, 2015 at 4:30 PM to: Citizen Service Centre, The City of Greater Sudbury, PO Box 5000, Station A, 200 Brady Street, Sudbury, Ontario, P3A 5P3, Facsimile number: 705-673-7219 or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EO15-303) on your resume. For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.