Permit Customer Services Clerk
Employment Opportunity Notice
Permit Customer Services Clerk
Reporting Location: Tom Davies Square
70 Hours Bi-Weekly
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Permits and Approvals Integration Section, Building Services Division, Growth and Development Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires a Permit Customer Services Clerk The successful candidate must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $22.53 to $26.38 per hour.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Over one (1) year up to and including two and one-half (2½) years experience in Building Services or a directly related field (e.g. zoning administration, Committee of Adjustment).
- Demonstrate keyboarding (a minimum of 50 words per minute) and word processing skills.
- Demonstrate ability related to microcomputer software and administrative systems in a Windows environment (i.e. file maintenance, word processing, spreadsheet applications, information and input retrieval).
- Working knowledge of CGS's Zoning By-laws and familiarity with documentation necessary for the issuance of a Building Permit an asset.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills in dealing with the public in a courteous and effective manner.
- Excellent use of the English language; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal and written skills a definite asset.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver’s licence, have an acceptable driving record, and personal insurance coverage.
Under the General Supervision of the Director of Building Services/Chief Building Official and the Day to Day Direction of the Co-Ordinator of Permits and Approvals Inregration:
- Check building permit applications for proper documentation to establish compliance with building by-laws, zoning by-laws (e.g. uses, setbacks, plans, etc.), and sections of The Ontario Building Code related to building permit applications; advise applicant accordingly and confer as necessary with the Co-ordinator of Permits and Approvals Integration with respect to controversial and/or questionable issues.
- Process, monitor and follow-up on permit application information necessary to issue permits. Process documentation required for revocation of building permits by the Chief Building Official, as required.
- Issue permits on behalf of the Chief Building Official following plans examination by the Plans Examiner for smaller structures (e.g. single family homes, garages, sheds, decks, tents and temporary structures; additions and renovations to existing single family homes (plumbing, windows, doors, porches); repair of weeping tiles; plumbing permits, and demolition permits).
- Compile building permit documentation package for use by the applicant with the issuance of permits.
- Maintain, enter and retrieve data on computerized systems for the processing and tracking of applications, information and permits.
- Collect, verify and distribute data for reports and records.
- Respond to inquiries pertaining to building permits, zoning and other general information.
- Calculate, receive and process fees for the Building Services Division, balance revenue and prepare bank deposits, and maintain records of those transactions including follow-up on collection of N.S.F. cheques.
- Act as receptionist and respond to general public enquiries concerning the status of Building Permit applications or direct to appropriate staff.
- Assist in data entry regarding Building Permit applications.
- Book building inspection requests and prepare daily inspection schedules for Building Inspectors, retrieving required project files and/or other correspondence necessary for inspections, as required.
- Type correspondence, reports and forms as required; file and perform miscellaneous clerical duties.
- Suggest improvements to the Permit Processing System and advise the Co-ordinator of Permits and Approvals Integration immediately of any problems with the System that may interfere with the processing of building permits.
- Receive and distribute incoming mail, as required.
- Maintain up-to-date reference manuals with respect to Procedures, Zoning By-laws and Ontario Building Codes.
- Assist other Employees, within the Building Services Division, in their duties during periods of work overload, vacation and absence.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Friday, September 12th, 2014 at 4:30 PM to: Citizen Service Centre, The City of Greater Sudbury, PO Box 5000, Station A, 200 Brady Street, Sudbury, Ontario, P3A 5P3, Facsimile number: 705-673-7219 or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EO14-308) on your resume. For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.