Facility Management Clerk
Employment Opportunity Notice
Facility Management Clerk
Reporting Location: Lionel E. Lalonde Centre
Limited Regular Part Time Position
Estimated Probable Duration: Twelve (12) Months
Up to 48 Hours Bi-Weekly
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Finance and Facility Administration Section, Emergency Services Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires a Facility Management Clerk. The successful candidate must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $21.45 to $24.77 per hour.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Over one (1) year and up to and including two and one-half (2½) years of related experience.
- Demonstrate ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate strong organizational ability.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of PeopleSoft functionality relating to Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Purchase Orders and General Ledger (GL).
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of booking software systems (i.e. MRM).
- Knowledge of Kronos functionality as it relates to scheduling and payroll an asset.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal skills highly desirable; written skills an asset.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver’s licence, have an acceptable driving record, and personal insurance coverage.
Under the General Supervision of the Manager of Finance and Facility Administration:
- Receive, respond to and redirect inquiries regarding the facility from the public, staff and construction/maintenance crews.
- Work with clients to co-ordinate reservations of facilities, including residence, meeting and conference rooms. Ensure that clients’ needs are met.
- Oversee and maintain consumable supplies.
- Liaise with the caterer to ensure dining and cafeteria needs are met for clients of the Lionel E. Lalonde Centre.
- Prepare and/or secure, and maintain required documentation and funds related to Lionel E. Lalonde Centre reservations.
- Establish and maintain a quality assurance program for the Lionel E. Lalonde Centre facility.
- Prepare invoices for authorization, billing advices, PeopleSoft purchase orders. Enter LEL staff payroll. Assist Emergency Services staff with payroll, KRONOS scheduling.
- Maintain database of Fire Services invoices as required.
- Prepare weekly work schedules including meeting room rental set up.
- Maintain a petty cash account.
- Conduct monthly Health and Safety meetings.
- Provide facility tours as directed.
- Perform typical administrative and clerical duties, as required.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Monday, July 21st, 2014 at 4:30 PM to: Citizen Service Centre, The City of Greater Sudbury, PO Box 5000, Station A, 200 Brady Street, Sudbury, Ontario, P3A 5P3, Facsimile number: 705-673-7219 or by e-mail to: email@example.com Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EO14-231) on your resume. For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.