Equipment/Vehicle Technician (3)
Employment Opportunity Notice
EO14-223 to EO14-225
Equipment/Vehicle Technician (3)
Reporting Location: Lionel E. Lalonde Centre
Regular Part Time Positions
Up to 48 Hours Bi-Weekly
(Shift Work Required)
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Education and Logistical Support Services Section, Emergency Medical Services Division, Emergency Services Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires three (3) Equipment/Vehicle Technician(s). The successful candidates must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $21.45 to $24.77 per hour.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Successful completion of the Emergency First Responder Course, an asset.
- Must be willing and able to obtain and maintain a Class “A” Driver’s Licence.
- Up to six (6) months experience in inventory control an asset.
- Up to six (6) months experience in an Emergency Medical Service setting an asset.
- Demonstrate ability to perform standardized vehicle and equipment maintenance and repairs utilizing safe operation of hand tools.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively maintain equipment and repair inventories.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain accurate equipment records and analyze and report on equipment inventory and performance requirements.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, related Acts and Regulations, policies and procedures.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal and written skills an asset.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid Class “F” driver's licence, have an acceptable driving record, and personal insurance coverage.
Under the Direct Supervision of the Deputy Chief of Emergency Services and the Day-to-Day Direction of the Lead Equipment Vehicle Technician:
- Conduct routine maintenance on specialized equipment such as stretchers, stairchairs and other ambulance and patient care equipment.
- Perform standardized vehicle and equipment checks in accordance with established procedures. Complete documentation regarding these checks.
- Assess vehicles returned at the end of each shift, clean, and stock in preparation for deployment.
- Responsible to restock medical bags in readiness for deployment, in accordance with established standards and procedures.
- Maintain proper inventories, ensuring that equipment is serviced and rotated to maximum efficiency.
- Operate a motor vehicle to deliver and retrieve patient care equipment such as defibrillators, backboards and stretchers from locations throughout CGS including hospitals and stations.
- Evaluate the condition of retrieved equipment to ensure it is in good working order, is cleaned and meets the required standards before it is returned to inventory.
- Responsible for deep cleaning all ambulances in adherence with a regular cleaning schedule.
- Maintain records of repair, replacement and maintenance for audit and control purposes in accordance with the policies and standards required by Sudbury EMS.
- Operate truck and trailer combination vehicles and the ARGO in support of emergency services.
- Attend technical training programs as required.
- Acquaint new employees with Equipment/Vehicle Technician duties.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Thursday, July 17th, 2014 at 4:30 PM to: Citizen Service Centre, The City of Greater Sudbury, PO Box 5000, Station A, 200 Brady Street, Sudbury, Ontario, P3A 5P3, Facsimile number: 705-673-7219 or by e-mail to: email@example.com Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EO14-223 to EO14-225) on your resume. For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.