Distribution/Collection Relief Operator (3)
Employment Opportunity Notice
EO14-489 to EO14-491
Distribution/Collection Relief Operator
Reporting Location: Frobisher
Casual Part Time Positions
Up to 48 Hours Bi-Weekly
(Shift Work Required)
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Distribution and Collection Section, Water/Wastewater Services Division, Infrastructure Services Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires three (3) Distribution/Collection Relief Operator(s). The successful candidate must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $24.32 to $28.10 per hour.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Must possess a valid Ontario Class “DZ” drivers’ licence and have an acceptable driving record.
- Must be certified as an Operator In Training (OIT) and be willing and able to complete certification of Water Distribution Level 1 and Wastewater Collection Level 1 within eighteen (18) months.
- Six (6) months of related experience considered an asset.
- Must be physically capable of performing the characteristic duties and operating a vehicle safely.
- Must be able to write necessary shift reports, operate a mobile radio, evaluate and comprehend as-built drawings and associated equipment operating manuals.
- Must be able to effectively complete M.M.M.S. Crew Cards.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Must provide, at own cost, a Criminal Record Check.
Under the Supervision of a Distribution/Collection Foreperson/Sub-Foreperson:
- Operate system components and perform preventative and corrective maintenance repairs to water distribution and wastewater collection facilities.
- Transport personnel, material, merchandise, equipment or refuse.
- Load and unload truck by hand or mechanical device, such as a loader.
- Oversee up to three workers in the performance of routine duties.
- Perform routine labour work as required.
- Work as an assistant or helper to various tradespersons, equipment operators, crews or other personnel.
- Perform the duties of flag person and assist in traffic control, as directed.
- Collect samples and perform routine lab tests as directed.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Note: *A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.*
*Interested applicants who have questions regarding certification are encouraged to visit the OWWCO website at www.owwco.ca
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Friday, January 9th, 2014 at 4:30 PM to: Citizen Service Centre, The City of Greater Sudbury, PO Box 5000, Station A, 200 Brady Street, Sudbury, Ontario, P3A 5P3, Facsimile number: 705-673-7219 or by e-mail to: email@example.com Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EO14-489 to EO14-491) on your resume. For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.