Employment Opportunity Notice
Reporting Location: Tom Davies Square
Estimated Probable Duration: Seven (7) Months
(May be Extended)
70 Hours Bi-Weekly
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Supplies and Services Division, Finance Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires a Clerk-Receptionist. The successful candidate must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $21.88 to $25.73 per hour.
- Satisfactory completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Over one (1) year up to and including two and one-half (2½) years of related office experience, preferably within a purchasing setting.
- Demonstrate keyboarding skills (a minimum of 40 words per minute).
- Demonstrate and proven ability related to microcomputer software and administrative systems (i.e. files maintenance, word processing, computerized spreadsheet applicants, information input and retrieval).
- Demonstrate ability in taking and transcribing minutes/dictation by mechanical recorder.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
Under the Supervision of the Manager of Supplies and Services/Purchasing Agent and the Day-to-Day Direction of the Secretary to the Manager of Supplies and Services/Purchasing Agent:
- Act as Receptionist for the Section, as required; monitor telephone calls, respond to general inquiries, direct clients to appropriate Section personnel, etc.
- Prepare and process quotation/proposal documents. Ensure results of tenders/quotations/proposals are published on MERX and CGS’s website.
- Provide tender opening results to the public and applicable CGS departments following tender openings.
- Assist in the administration of the bidding process (i.e. assign envelope numbers, maintain follow-up system, receive, retain and return deposits to bidders), as required.
- Act as Recording Secretary at Quotation/Request for Proposal meetings; prepare summary sheets and agendas; take and transcribe minutes of meetings.
- Perform clerical and general typing duties for the Manager of Supplies and Services/Purchasing Agent and Co-Ordinators of Supplies and Services, as required.
- Maintain an adequate amount of office supplies.
- Maintain files.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Tuesday, April 22nd, 2014 at 4:30 PM to: Citizen Service Centre, The City of Greater Sudbury, PO Box 5000, Station A, 200 Brady Street, Sudbury, Ontario, P3A 5P3, Facsimile number: 705-673-7219 or by e-mail to: email@example.com Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EO14-109) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.