Employment Opportunity Notice
Reporting Location: Howard Armstrong Recreation Centre
Regular Part Time Position
Up to 48 Hours Bi-Weekly
(Shift Work Required)
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Recreation Services Section, Leisure Services Division, Assets, Fleet, Citizen and Leisure Services Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires a Building Attendant. The successful candidate must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current rate of pay for this position is $15.37 per hour.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Current First Aid, C.P.R. Certification an asset at the Howard Armstrong Recreation Centre and the Lionel E. Lalonde Centre.
- Minimum six (6) months related cleaning experience and knowledge of janitorial equipment and cleaning supplies.
- Demonstrate knowledge of janitorial equipment and cleaning supplies.
- Demonstrate ability to work co-operatively, efficiently and effectively with peers and supervisors.
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal skills in dealing with the public in a courteous and effective manner.
- Satisfactory use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal skills an asset.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Provide, at own cost, a Criminal Record Check.
- May require the use of a CGS vehicle on CGS business. Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver’s licence and have an acceptable driving record.
Under the direct supervision of a Non Union Supervisor:
- Perform various functional duties to ensure the cleanliness and safety of the facility, its equipment and furnishings, which includes but is not limited to sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning, mopping and changing light bulbs.
- Collect all accumulated garbage and waste paper.
- Ensure the security of the facility including setting alarm systems where necessary.
- Report any safety concerns, maintenance problems and cleaning supplies required to the Supervisor.
- Set up furniture and equipment as required.
- Receive, store and replenish supplies in appropriate locations as required.
- Perform any of the following duties including:
- Make beds; change, launder and store linens as required; check drapery, linens and carpets for cleanliness and wear and inform Supervisor of the need for repair and/or replacement as required.
- Ensure the front walkways are always clear of snow and safe for usage as required.
- May provide general information and monitor phone calls as required.
- May receive revenue and issue receipts as required.
- May act as First Aid back up, if required.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Note: *A Criminal Record Check will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your resume.*
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Tuesday, May 3rd, 2016 at 4:30 PM to: Citizen Service Centre, The City of Greater Sudbury, PO Box 5000, Station A, 200 Brady Street, Sudbury, Ontario, P3A 5P3, Facsimile number: 705-673-7219 or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EO16-219) on your resume. For further instructions on how to apply for this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants. Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.