The Planning Committee hears presentations and receives correspondence and reports from the Planning Services Division. The Committee hears and makes recommendations to Council regarding development or land-use matters.
The Planning Committee shall be responsible for the following primary objectives:
(1) To hear community delegations on topics related to the provision of Planning Services Division.
(2) To review proposals for new policies and for amendments to existing policies that pertain to the Planning Services Division.
(3) To conduct service level reviews, including proposed changes to existing service levels, or the introduction of new services or programs delivered by the Planning Services Division.
(4) To make recommendations to Council in relation to:
(a) matters under the Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.13;
(b) front-ending agreements under the Development Charges Act, 1997, S.O. 1997, c. 27; and
(c) approval authority matters under the Condominium Act, 1998, S.O. 1998, c. 19.
(5) To provide recommendations on any other land-related matters including acquisition and disposition of lands, expropriations, leases, road and lane closures, and heritage designations.
(6) To study topics or issues referred to the Committee by Council resolution.
Chair: To be determined at the first meeting in 2015
Vice- Chair: To be determined at the first meeting in 2015
Committee Members: Councillor Fern Cormier, Councillor Evelyn Dutrisac, Councillor Joscelyne Landry-Altmann, Councillor Deb McIntosh and Councillor Lynne Reynolds
To be determined at the City Council Meeting of December 9, 2014